Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else going to this event? We'll be bring the 1989 Audi 90 with 20V turbo up there to play.

...still searching for a place to stay though if folks have any suggestions?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi Groff...glad to hear you'll be making the trip up to Lac aux Sables. I'll be there co-driving for Charles Hammer in the CHAG Autosport VW Golf.

Unfortunately Lac aux Sables (Hervey-Jonction) is a very small town so there aren't a lot of hotel options nearby. Last year I stayed at the Motel Di-No about 10 minutes from Rally HQ which was pretty good, although I don't think they have many rooms.

In 2013 I stayed at a small hotel about 30-40 minutes away in a town called St. Ubalde which was very basic at best.

Beyond that maybe check to see if there's any houses/cottages in the area for rent? You can also camp at the service area which is what the team and I will be doing this year.

Good luck finding something and I'll see you there!

--Aaron Crescenti

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've noticed the lack of options! I looked into airbnb and didn't find any options within an hour really. I found a legit bnb in a town about 20mins away. I'm not opposed to camping, my codriver is flying in from Seattle so she'd need to ship her camping stuff ahead of time likely if we choose that option (assuming by camp you mean tent and not mobile home camper?).

Dan S had told me you'd likely be up there and have some experience; I've only done Charlevoix previously so my Canadian rally experience is somewhat limited (other than they run a tight ship on the schedule and I like that; as well as are very competitor oriented in terms of breakfast/schedule/banquet etc).

·
Registered
51 Posts
I believe you'll be able to either do tent camping or stay in an RV if you have one. And certainly if have any questions about the event or the series, feel free to let me know!

--Aaron

1 - 6 of 6 Posts