Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
Working on EVO III
478 Posts
I think you are just a hair early for the schedule to come out for next year...although I would love it if we had a schedule before the end of the year if possible.

·
your other left, you idiot
3,909 Posts
Um, nice prod Andrew.

But, have you even seen schedules for RA/NASA/CARS for 2011?

press on,

·
Mä meen vittu sinne!
6,058 Posts
I heard WRC Mexico was trying to get Max Attack to be a part of it's event. :)

What happened to Oregon Trail using the roads out west near Vernonia? That area was amazing. I'd love to see a return to there.

·
Surrender the Booty.
2,149 Posts
I heard WRC Mexico was trying to get Max Attack to be a part of it's event. :)

What happened to Oregon Trail using the roads out west near Vernonia? That area was amazing. I'd love to see a return to there.
The president of the organizing club kept asking me if Americans would be interested in them opening up the event to allow it to eventually become a part of our national championship. They really want to bring us down for tequila and fun. I'm sure they'd like the idea of MaxAttack!!! Mexico.

·
150 K Right 4 Into Truck Dust
1,042 Posts
Please do not wait till the last month to post a schedule:confused:
Its to late for most people to plan & find a sponsor and it's hard to plan when you don't know where the events are:confused:

I'm a huge supporter of "Max Attack" but the people need to know:)

Bill Holmes
Truck #44

·
150 K Right 4 Into Truck Dust
1,042 Posts
And not to put a damper on Mexico.....But I think Mexico has some huge problems going on at the moment:eek:

Bill Holmes
Truck #44

·
I have a cat.
3,676 Posts
Please do not wait till the last month to post a schedule:confused:
Its to late for most people to plan & find a sponsor and it's hard to plan when you don't know where the events are:confused:

I'm a huge supporter of "Max Attack" but the people need to know:)

Bill Holmes
Truck #44
Understood, Bill. This year we announced last minute largely because we did not have sponsorship either (until last minute). Once we had the money commitment, everything fell into place within a short period of time.

As you know, racing ain't supposed to be a charity. And I'm very grateful to Danza del Sol for stepping up and allowing MaxAttack! to happen for 2010. Here's to hoping we can find a sponsor for 2011!

So far for 2010, I've committed over $2000 of my own cash in addition to DDS's sponsorship, as well as turning my winnings back to the MaxAttack! organization toward next year. (And I'm not the only one...Thanks Greg/Brian!)

As I've said all along for the past 4 years, this is OUR series. It has been proven that we are stronger together than alone (how many of you guys in 2wd cars got FOADs or...or no reply at all...trying to make your rally effort marketable before MaxAttack! came along?) When we have meaningful competition, we have something worth selling. Both individually AND collectively.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, if you have a contact that might be interested in sponsoring the whole circus instead of just one bear on a bicycle, throw us a bone!

Lurch
(Hell no, I'm not above begging. If I were, my last rally would have been in 1999 in an '85 Golf!)

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
What about announcing events and altering prizes based on what sponsorship is available?

It fixes the target for everyone and ensures some degree of continuity.

I could also see MaxAttack being successful with more sponsor partners- that is, rather than a single title sponsor, brand under Max Attack, and promotor small sponsor partnerships that receive promotion through competitor focused e-mailsings, pamphlets, the website, and/or material available to fans.

It would be trivial for me to part with $100 or $200 to get the word out to other competitors that I'm making a few VW parts they might want to buy.

Or, put a fifth way-

Max-Attack is modeled on grassroots racers. Focus on grassroots sponsors- small guys, and give them an attractive magazine style buy-in package. Max-Attack web/magazine.

·
I have a cat.
3,676 Posts
What about announcing events and altering prizes based on what sponsorship is available?

It fixes the target for everyone and ensures some degree of continuity.
Because without money, we can't even get a Ben or a Lurch to the events to administrate it. We can't pay for stickers. Chicken or egg. How pissed would you be if I announced events, you gathered sponsors, you planned your season, and a month before the first event, we had to cancel? Pretty pissed, right? I know I would be (as a driver).

Just because it appeals to grassroots racers and puts them on a more equal footing to more "supported" racers, does not mean that it should be put together like a house of cards.

I could also see MaxAttack being successful with more sponsor partners- that is, rather than a single title sponsor, brand under Max Attack, and promotor small sponsor partnerships that receive promotion through competitor focused e-mailsings, pamphlets, the website, and/or material available to fans.
I would absolutely LOVE to see more sponsor partners. Shit, 4 companies at 5K a piece would fund the thing. A 5th would throw Grant a big enough bone that he'd probably be tickled to continue his video work and keep Shenan doing the website. I would think that it would be a no brainer to be a part of what is arguably the most relevant US rally championship for 5k.

I've stated what I need. http://www.specialstage.com/forums/showpost.php?p=323360&postcount=16 I like developing the competition. I like working with the drivers. And yes, I even like driving, myself. I DON'T like selling...ANYTHING.

It would be trivial for me to part with $100 or $200 to get the word out to other competitors that I'm making a few VW parts they might want to buy.
I think we need to talk more about how people/small companies can help with smaller sponsorships this way. I'm all ears, Matt. A few of the things that would be nice for smaller sponsorships would be perhaps trophy sponsoring. I spend about $350/event on printing/glueing up the oversized checks and getting the 2 silver cups for that event's MaxAttacker. Stickers and banners get covered by RSGA, but I've been buying the trophies and checks.

Travel for Ben or myself or whoever else might want this job would be a nice smaller chunk of sponsorship, too.

Or, put a fifth way-

Max-Attack is modeled on grassroots racers. Focus on grassroots sponsors- small guys, and give them an attractive magazine style buy-in package. Max-Attack web/magazine.
Right now there is a blog section for ANY active MaxAttacker on our site. I would hate to make that a "pay" feature. Perhaps a chance to buy ads on the site?

Keep talking. This is a good discussion.

Still looking for someone to step up for a sponsorship sales position. I guarantee your salary to be more than mine. (Mine's negative.) :)

·
Mä meen vittu sinne!
6,058 Posts
I think even if Max Attack had funding for 2011 it'd be hard to pick events right now.

What's going on with Oregon Trail? Are they going to be back at Dufur for any of the stages? Is Olympus still going to be on the same roads?

Is West Virginia going to happen in 2011?

What effect will RallyCar's six event Rallycross series have on existing RA events?

Are there rallies that exist to help garner more support? IE. Ones that have or could obtain sponsorship willing to pay the series to be held at their event?

·
Left seat and not British!
785 Posts
100 Acre Wood's rock solid and on the calendar where it always is. I suspect it's just in the wrong part of the country at the wrong time of year. Lurch, consider this my "keep bugging you."

·
Registered
281 Posts
I think even if Max Attack had funding for 2011 it'd be hard to pick events right now.

What's going on with Oregon Trail? Are they going to be back at Dufur for any of the stages? Is Olympus still going to be on the same roads?

Is West Virginia going to happen in 2011?

What effect will RallyCar's six event Rallycross series have on existing RA events?

Are there rallies that exist to help garner more support? IE. Ones that have or could obtain sponsorship willing to pay the series to be held at their event?
Olympus will look alot like last year. HQ will be in Ocean Shores again our date is confirmed. We would love to be part of Max Attack.

·
JUMP 500 JUMP 600 JUMP 500
246 Posts
I would consider pumping a bit of money into MA if we could get something confirmed on the west coast! (more than Idaho)

Hey Bill, wanna match my sponsorship?????
Hopefully I'll be running next year!

1 - 20 of 148 Posts