Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Straight at T
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a date. We have a location. We NEED chili. Bring it on!

The 2010 Ojibwe Forest Rally Chili-Off will be held in the Crane-Ordway building in Lowertown St. Paul. Meters in St. Paul are free after 4:30PM and there are several well-lit parking lots within a block of the venue. The Ojibwe Forest Rally committee will pay for parking, up to $4 per car. It's on the honor system, so if you park in the $2 lot behind the building, please ask for that amount. I'm trying to negotiate a group discount, so keep an eye out for an additional parking announcement, including a map. For those of your worried about parking downtown, don't. Lowertown is easily accessible from the major highways, the parking is plentiful, and is well-lit.

All chili will be judged and prizes will be awarded. Standard, spicy, non-traditional, not a chili at all? It doesn't matter. There's a class for it. Plates, bowls, plasticware, and napkins will be provided. If you bring chili, bring your own ladle. If you bring something else, bring the appropriate serving utensil. Please bring your own drinks. Liquor and beer are perfectly fine.

Competitors, workers, fans, friends, family, kids, adults, all are welcome. If you're new to rally, this is a great first event. We are a very welcoming group. One of my first rally 'events' was a chili-off.

Who: You
What: 2010 Chili Off
When: Saturday November 13th, 2010, 7:00PM - 11PM (longer if we're quiet)
Where: 281 5th St E, St. Paul, MN 55101 (the venue entrance is on Wall St.)
Why: Because we want to tell stories and eat some chili.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me here or or-group.

Cheers,
Breon Nagy
Rallymaster, Ojibwe Forest Rally

·
Registered
874 Posts
Sweet! It's the day before I leave for Baja. I was planning on having this as the November MSP Rally Meetup. Breon, is there a Facebook event for this?

·
Straight at T
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tonight is the CHili Off! I wanted to offer some help finding parking.

Here is a map link to several parking lots near the venue.
http://j.mp/chilioff

Meters are free. Lots range from $2-$4, in the area. You will be reimbursed for parking, up to $4 per car. Honor system.

Call if you have any questions. (six one two) three nine nine-six six two six

Cheers,
Breon

·
Straight at T
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Parking update: with less than two hours before the event, the two closer parking lots have a fair amount of spots open. There is also some street parking avaiable for free.

If you meed to unload your goods, you can park in front of the main entrance on 5th. Its marked off for valet, but theyre cool with folks there
for a few minutes.

The entrance for the event is on the side of the building on Wall st.

Follow me on twitter for more updates http://twitter.com/breon

·
which left?
1,621 Posts
What I recall of the results (please fill in where I missed or correct me if I'm wrong...)

Production (traditional, Mild): G-Chili - JB Lewis
Production GT (traditional, spicy/hot): Tie (and I don't remember who)
Open Light (non-traditional, mild): Buffalo chicken chili - Sarah Dahl
Open (non-traditional, spicy/hot): Tie Train Wreck - Anthony Isrealson / Black & White - Mark Holden
G2 (dessert): Fire Breathing Ginger Wagon cake - Carrie Carlson
G5 (savory, non-chili): Deviled Eggs - Kathy Freund

Sorry for the lack of PGT results, but IIRC the winners were both pork/bacon chilies, so I didn't have any.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Fire Breathing Ginger Wagon

Here's a photo of Carrie's G2 winning Fire Breathing Ginger Wagon cake...

based on...

Photo Credit: Jerry Winker

·
'is the engine bogging?'
429 Posts
Here's a photo of Carrie's G2 winning Fire Breathing Ginger Wagon cake...

based on...

Photo Credit: Jerry Winker
Great Cake! Too Funny!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Sarah was really happy with her win. That chili was really good!

We both had a great time. Thank you to everyone who organized it. Another top-notch MN Rally group event!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts