Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
eating dust taking photos
3,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok,

So we are working on finalizing some very exciting deals for you guys as well as the schedule for 2009. Hopefully in the next week or two there will be some really exciting announcements to be made.

In the mean time, here is a little preview of what we will be doing for 2009.

1) There will be a registration fee (and you will receive more than the registration fee in promotional materials as well as incentives, the registration fee allows us to offset some of the costs of these promotional materials).

2) There will be one, maybe two new small compact events for you guys.

3) The 2009 season will consist of Rally Colorado, a RallyCross, 3 Hill Climbs (we are hoping for Temple Canyon, Buena Vista, and Grand Junction), and at least one Co. 1 rally (probably two, although one might be a Co. 2). This is in addition to one or two non-competitive events.

4) The season will start in mid to late February/early March and go through September and then there will be some sort of awards/end of year party after Rally Colorado.

It is highly likely that the 2009 season will not include any SuperRally provisions (although there may be a fixed points amount awarded to teams that DNF) or a co-driver classification (unless you as competitors strongly would like to see this maintained).

So....

Who is in? I don't need a hard commitment but a rough estimate would be nice!

·
3,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What about a drop race? I'm not sure if I'll be able to race by Feb.

Racing isn't likely to be until mid to late March (or maybe even April) but we are hoping to have a season launch function to help get more interest (spectators and sponsors) and get things a little bit more organized than they were at the first event of 2008.

·
Left 4 into beachball
1,920 Posts
I'm in as well, but if there is anything between now and the first week of March, I will miss it. The car will also be undergoing a complete overhaul starting in mid-march, so any details on events pre-Temple Canyon would be a huge help in trying to plan things.

Looking forward to it!

Dave

·
Registered
180 Posts
We have been working on our G2 car (the black Rabbit down at Salta). If I dont wrap it around a tree at 100 Acre Wood, we will be joining you guys.

·
stay less flat...
777 Posts
if I read the description right, there will be 6, maybe 7 events.

how about adding another rallycross?

I'm definitely planning to contest the 2009 CRC.

thanks,

Scott

·
3,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
if I read the description right, there will be 6, maybe 7 events.

how about adding another rallycross?

I'm definitely planning to contest the 2009 CRC.

thanks,

Scott

We are waiting to see what the CHCA schedule will be as well as the RallyCross schedule (and Gorman Ridge/other Western USRC events) before we make a commitment to the schedule.

Ideally, we would like to do: 1) RallyCross, 2) Co1/2 rallies, Rally Colorado, and 3) Hill Climbs.

If there are not three preferable hill climbs, we will consider an additional RallyCross, if problem arise with either of the CO1/2 rallies, we will consider an additional RallyCross (although we would like to keep those to two or less).

There are still some things to finalize but the goals is 7 competitive events with two or three non-competitive events. Right now we are just waiting to finalize a date in late February to have a season launch function/tech inspection.

·
drive. I say where we go, ok?
1,069 Posts
We have been working on our G2 car (the black Rabbit down at Salta). If I dont wrap it around a tree at 100 Acre Wood, we will be joining you guys.
Be careful at 100AW... Even if you think its rediculous, bring SNOW TIRES!!!!! You will be better off for their freak ice storms then... Also, be careful of the low water bridge crossings... those can be car breakers for sure!
Other than that, dont drive the absolute piss out of yer car, and things will be fine.

Ah, now that Im thinking about it (and to make this post somewhat relevant); Kevin and everyone else: what if we made Rally Idaho a part of the CRC? Its close, and if I say so myself, some of the best roads within one-day drive from Denver.
...Just a thought

·
3,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ah, now that Im thinking about it (and to make this post somewhat relevant); Kevin and everyone else: what if we made Rally Idaho a part of the CRC? Its close, and if I say so myself, some of the best roads within one-day drive from Denver.
...Just a thought
I am sure Jens would love it, and we wish Jens the best of luck, but an out of state event is not something that we feel is appropriate for the CRC at this time.

·
Mä meen vittu sinne!
6,058 Posts
I'm probably all of the series or none. Will know probably by the first event. Waiting for 2009 Max Attack schedule and then I've got to look at the budgets and best options for mileage/$$$. Focusing on India in two days for now.

Mark plans to run the whole series as far as I know.

·
drive. I say where we go, ok?
1,069 Posts
Thanks, and will do. Got the snow tires sitting here. Hopefully I wont need them.
I really hope as well!
Have fun, good luck, and I know ya will be in good hands with Steve and Brian. Trust the car, have fun, and most importantly-- listen to yer navigator!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I will most likely be competing again this year. Please keep us posted. Oh yea, what is a "Co. 1 rally"? Thanks.
Bryan

·
Can't we go any faster?
486 Posts
Coefficient 1 event.

Basically coefficients are the rating system for events, ranging from 1 to 3. You get those coef's as sort of a drivers rating when you finish them. That's how RA and NASA keep track of where you are experience wise.

·
Need ride. Please send money.
1,278 Posts
I hope to have the Cossie Eight ready for this years CRC. Although I dispise rallycrosses in general, I hope to make it to as many events as I can. There may however be schedule conflicts with national rallies in our two car Subaru STI Open/SP Rally Art deal that may arise...

·
Left 4 into beachball
1,920 Posts
I hope to have the Cossie Eight ready for this years CRC. Although I dispise rallycrosses in general, I hope to make it to as many events as I can. There may however be schedule conflicts with national rallies in our two car Subaru STI Open/SP Rally Art deal that may arise...
Season hasn't even started and you're full of excuses already. From what I've heard, there's not likely to be direct date conflicts, but you'll most likely have some back-to-back weekends during the summer so if you're on towing duty, you'll be keeping plenty busy.

Keep cranking away at the XR!

Dave

1 - 20 of 27 Posts