Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 20 of 236 Posts

·
Sweat and anger and shame.
1,806 Posts
i'm gonna pull and erik and say i'm going to beat everyone, then pull a dave and roll a few times at the events, then pull a steve and blow up a motor.

all in all i still say first since half the field is upgrading and will have car problems!

w00t!

·
drive. I say where we go, ok?
1,069 Posts
Dave, I know your just fishing for 'slowbaru' vs. evo. comments. Too bad you are gonna do a pirouette at temple canyon again an roll into a pile of kittens.

·
Mä meen vittu sinne!
6,058 Posts
No, but I can tell you that not only will I kill the 2WD competition, I'll make some of the Subaru guys feel lame.

·
stay less flat...
777 Posts
No, but I can tell you that not only will I kill the 2WD competition, I'll make some of the Subaru guys feel lame.
that's funny. I hope you're right. if Bolin doesn't race this year I'll need some competition.

who's running gp2? gp5?

looking forward to a good season and lots of seat time.

Scott

·
Mä meen vittu sinne!
6,058 Posts
Bolin is apparently not running this year. I'll believe it when he doesn't show up. I am gone for two hill climbs so that puts me at a points disadvantage. I actually probably won't do that well, but I'll have fun doing it and trying to close the gap on first place by driving better, instead of throwing more money at the car like all the AWD guys do.

If CORE closes, I'm changing my shit talk to, "I'll be dead last as I will pretty much waste all year trying to learn how to drive a RWD rally car and sort out all of the new car issues because lame ****s couldn't fork out $250 so I could spend all spring doing that at CORE."

·
1,806 Posts
Bolin is apparently not running this year. I'll believe it when he doesn't show up. I am gone for two hill climbs so that puts me at a points disadvantage. I actually probably won't do that well, but I'll have fun doing it and trying to close the gap on first place by driving better, instead of throwing more money at the car like all the AWD guys do.

If CORE closes, I'm changing my shit talk to, "I'll be dead last as I will pretty much waste all year trying to learn how to drive a RWD rally car and sort out all of the new car issues because lame ****s couldn't fork out $250 so I could spend all spring doing that at CORE."
and grant, who would those lame ****ers be?

should start a "make fun of people not buying passes" thread.

·
Captain Slow
206 Posts
I can guarantee I've currently got the slowest CRC car for 2008. :) partial cage, no motor, no suspension, no wheels, and still missing body parts. Anybody know the status of the other approx 5-10 new cars for 08?
I promise I will be slower. There's my smack talk...

75% of a cage, wiring harness, motor, suspension, steering all sitting in the corner of my garage. Still need a windshield, lexan for windows, DOM tubing to finish the cage, tires, skid plates, and something to cover the sunroof hole... So there's the status of at least one "new" car. I'm thinkin about calling Overhaulin

·
Ibumpedmyknee,icannotcont inue
2,066 Posts
I can guarantee I've currently got the slowest CRC car for 2008. :)

partial cage, no motor, no suspension, no wheels, and still missing body parts.

Anybody know the status of the other approx 5-10 new cars for 08?

Dave
Dave, Didn't evoloution take like 100 billion years? I'll be dead by the time you finish the first rally cross.

However, My car is probably only slightly fast as its on a rolling dolly.

-Ryans car I'm not sure about. It sounds like he's ready to rock.
-The focus is finished and ready to go as long as (forgot his name) doesn't rip it appart.
-Andrews car is unknown.... so is the status of Andrew. Probably won't be ready until late season (sorry andrew).
-Tys car is probably the same story.
-Jeremys car is near done with the acception of suspension.
-Robs car may not be ready for desert storm but should be ready for the CRC.
-Super Bunny needs some seats and it will be ready for Alissa to rock.
-I don't think Aaron can rally the Kenwood or what ever it is. Although he should cage that biotch and bring it.
-Grants car is unknown at the moment, at least by me. But I'll bet its ready. Probably stupid hang ups like Computer and heater box. He'll probably miss the first event because the motor will blow before he gets there. Maybe with some TLC it won't blow as much by the second event (ZING!).
-Mark Will fall in love again.
-Kilpatrics have no reason why they shouldn't get it together by then.
-Scott better not ****ing roll his car this year.
-Tod is unknown.
-Will only has a few issues to work out.
-Jimmy will probably miss the first few then pick it up towards early HC season.
-I'll finish my car at the last second... then drive in into the door rendering useless.

·
1,806 Posts
Dave, Didn't evoloution take like 100 billion years? I'll be dead by the time you finish the first rally cross.

-The focus is finished and ready to go as long as (forgot his name) doesn't rip it appart.
-Andrews car is unknown.... so is the status of Andrew. Probably won't be ready until late season (sorry andrew).
-I don't think Aaron can rally the Kenwood or what ever it is. Although he should cage that biotch and bring it.
-Grants car is unknown at the moment, at least by me. But I'll bet its ready. Probably stupid hang ups like Computer and heater box. He'll probably miss the first event because the motor will blow before he gets there. Maybe with some TLC it won't blow as much by the second event (ZING!).
-Tod is unknown.
-Jimmy will probably miss the first few then pick it up towards early HC season.
-I'll finish my car at the last second... then drive in into the door rendering useless.
i don't know how that would affect my driving.

and what's this "again" buisness?

i'm gonna rallyx all you into the ground!

·
Left 4 into beachball
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

4.5 billion or 2,500 - take your pick. Either way, I'm hoping my evolution takes less than 5 months.

Mine's on an engine stand rotiserrie (I think)...maybe we should have a Flintstones type race.

Dave

·
stay less flat...
777 Posts

-Tod is unknown.

thanks for the update Mitch. did you put that KAAZ diff in the Super Bunny yet? has Alissa's last name always been Williams, or did I miss something?

I'm coming over the divide soon to see what the Salta boys have been up to since my last visit.
Seeing as how I have a season pass to CORE my driving is going to be neat and quick this season. I certainly can't guarantee that I won't destroy this seasons car too since being quick in G2 means staying in it when everyone else is hitting the brakes and attacking when the navi says "caution". You know - driving fast instead of driving a fast car.

I'd way rather bin another 10K VW than mope around the pits making excuses for being slow with a 50K subaru because: "I used the wrong map" or "I'm not getting boost til 3500" or "I'm only getting 235 ft/lbs at the wheels with this restrictor" or "DMS is just not good enough" or "I don't have anti-lag" or "these Cusco diffs are too tight" or "my co driver made calls late even though it's a hillclimb I should have memorized" or "I never get any seat time coz my dad is always fiddling with my car" or _______ insert your own favorite AWD turbo excuse...

see you boys and girls at the races.

Scott

1 - 20 of 236 Posts