Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Nice Pete! Even got me in the first pic of the Gallery with the number 1 Subaru getting the video. I have a pic of you doing the forrestry service thing I'll get out eventually. again, great pics. they look even better than on the camera screen.

·
Expatriate of the East Coast
845 Posts
Great shots! I almost hate asking, but is Seamus' fly down...? Eek.

Happen to get anything of my awesome raggin' wagon?

·
Muddy Boxer
99 Posts
Got the highlight gallery up. I will be adding the individual car galleries as I can get to them. I can't tell who is who in the bikes, so those will be broken down by stages.

Pete
Pete - I can id all the bikes if that's any use to you.
I wrote the competitor bios at Sandblast and Black River this year, so I make a point to get to know everybody.

Joe.

·
Retired Rally Photographer
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bikes are posted by stage. The People, Other and Misc galleries may be up tonight if I get the energy.

Pete - I can id all the bikes if that's any use to you.
I wrote the competitor bios at Sandblast and Black River this year, so I make a point to get to know everybody.

Joe.
Thanks, but it'd be waay too much work to redo everything by names.

·
L4 into trees
701 Posts
Not to call anybody out but is that a red GTI with a window down on stage? Is that the same one that was involved in an on-stage car-car incident?

·
845 Posts
Not to call anybody out but is that a red GTI with a window down on stage? Is that the same one that was involved in an on-stage car-car incident?
Yes, and yes.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Yeah, thats the same GTI! We had a hard time at RWV where we warned them about it every stage start we worked at. Seems they dont know rules or just simply dont care about them.
oscar

·
Muddy Boxer
99 Posts
So it was you who jinxed our finishing streak!

Simon

Um... clarification... I only wrote the RallyMoto bios.
Although I've become good friends with a lot of the car guys, I don't know most of the car competitors well enough to write bios.

·
International Rallying Icon
669 Posts
Yeah, thats the same GTI! We had a hard time at RWV where we warned them about it every stage start we worked at. Seems they dont know rules or just simply dont care about them.
oscar
Perhaps it's time to pull their licenses?:confused:

·
L4 into trees
701 Posts
Perhaps it's time to pull their licenses?:confused:
I'm personally not about to suggest what should be done...I would however, like to know that someone is looking at the situation and that there is a protocol in place to handle something like this. I'm assuming there is and that someone is doing something....but we all know what happens when we assume.

·
845 Posts
I'm personally not about to suggest what should be done...I would however, like to know that someone is looking at the situation and that there is a protocol in place to handle something like this. I'm assuming there is and that someone is doing something....but we all know what happens when we assume.
I was present for a lengthy conversation between Anders, Amy, and our event Steward regarding their behavior at BRS and West Virginia. Rest assured that they are aware of the situation, however to my knowledge no specific action has been decided upon yet.

Obviously any decisions are entirely up to NRS, which I am not part of in any official capacity, so I'll leave it at that. :D

·
Registered
110 Posts
Not that this isn't a issue, and that there aren't other issues regaurding this particular team, but with the number stickers falling off I wouldn't be so quick to judge. Pete may have just caught them in the middle of trying to rescue the numbers to avoid further ridicule from the rally world.

·
L4 into trees
701 Posts
Not that this isn't a issue, and that there aren't other issues regaurding this particular team, but with the number stickers falling off I wouldn't be so quick to judge. Pete may have just caught them in the middle of trying to rescue the numbers to avoid further ridicule from the rally world.
Sure...benefit of the doubt and all that. And I'd definitely love to hear the other side of the story. It's just when you hear of repeat incidents involving the same people you tend to assume blame...warranted or not.

I'm just glad to know that Anders and the other stewards were/are aware and I'm sure whatever becomes of their discussions will be appropriate.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Sure...benefit of the doubt and all that. And I'd definitely love to hear the other side of the story. It's just when you hear of repeat incidents involving the same people you tend to assume blame...warranted or not.

I'm just glad to know that Anders and the other stewards were/are aware and I'm sure whatever becomes of their discussions will be appropriate.
I know how you feel about the assuming blame and I did at first. I had a questionable experiance with them friday night. I was stage captain for Jerden falls (stages 1 and 4) friday night. We transited 4 because of crowd and time issues. When they left the start area to transit the stage they ran out 2-3 gears, that means red line shifting, until backing off for the upcoming turn. When I talked to them before leaving I said transit, they said transit. I replied yes this is a transit, go easy, the co-driver then replied transit and they took off. I think their may be some language issues that has them missing out things that we consider basic.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Pete Danger Waver after fighting with the local Sasquatch

Can't remember the guy's name but he was a photographer and he was on a bike and he sank into the swamp LOL

·
Registered
3 Posts
Deep!

Can't remember the guy's name but he was a photographer and he was on a bike and he sank into the swamp LOL
Yep, that's me. Always fun to have an audience when stuff like that happens.:mad:

At least I know one of your buddies won't remember it!

Turned out not to be worth the trouble to shoot from there anyway.

Here are a couple more to look at. More can be found here.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts