Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Slid'n around 'n havin a ball
2,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jeff Gordon / Travis Pastrana Race Of Champions News Conference
2005-11-03

For the third straight year Denver-based CENTRIX Financial will sponsor Team USA in the ROC - Nations Cup. Attending the news conference on behalf of CENTRIX Financial will be executive vice president, Jim Hancock.

-The 18th Race of Champions - Nations Cup will be held Dec. 3 at the 70,000 seat Stade de France in Paris. The site of the 1998 World Cup soccer final, the French landmark will make way for a challenging one-kilometer, figure-eight parallel course designed and built especially for the ROC competition.

-Four-time NASCAR Cup champion, Jeff Gordon and five-time X-Games gold medalist and rally driver, Travis Pastrana, will represent Team USA in the ROC - Nations Cup. Also at the ROC, Pastrana is scheduled to perform a two-wheel freestyle exhibition that will include his trademark back flip.

In 2002, Team USA - Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson and Colin Edwards - won the Race of Champions - Nations Cup.

Approximately 10 countries with drivers from many racing disciplines, including NASCAR, Formula One and World Rally Championship, will take part in the prestigious international competition.

Jeff Gordon quote: "I hate that I missed last year's event, but I'm really looking forward to participating in this year's Race of Champions. Travis and I both want to bring the Nations Cup back to the USA., and his experience in rally cars can only help us."

Travis Pastrana quote: "I have a lot of respect for drivers who have made it to the top in any field but especially for drivers like Jeff Gordon who comes from a dirt background and can now win in probably any vehicle he so chooses. Jeff is a great choice for the event this year and hope that I will be able to fulfill my role to help get America back on top of the Nations Cup."

----------------------

rz

·
Registered
162 Posts
Nothing against Jeff Gordon, But I feel that the other Gordon, Robby, would be a better choice. Robby has more offroad/rally type experience, not just making cicles in dirt.

It would also be nice if they would go back to the canary islands. The old dirt course looked like it was more fun than the asphalt they now run on.

Once again, I have nothing bad to say about Jeff Gordon, I have just seen Robby in action in the desert to many times.

Bob Campbell
[email protected]
BCR Rallysport
Colorado Springs, CO

1 - 2 of 2 Posts