Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
OK, I can't resist....

How can someone formulate rules for 2005 when they are not clear as to the rules for 2004? Furthermore, it is still pretty early in the season. Do most competitors have enough time to formulate opinions on the new rules as they apply to the series?

On the positive side, it is nice that opinions are being solicited at so early in the process.

·
Big Jump 800
716 Posts
Thanks Daphne, a little salt in the wound is just what I needed today.

As for the 2005 rules; I think Christian has done a nice job summarizing the entire calendar of events for everyone. I don't think we've done this in the past.

I, for one, am hoping that for 2005 we identify and clarify conflicts between the Operations Manual and the Rule Book. Beyond that, I hope to keep the rule changes to a minimum.

J.B. Niday
www.nidayrallysport.com

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Sadly, the PRB gets lots of proposed changes in September and October, too late to get them in the next revision. In the rush to the deadlines, some of them get lost. If you've sent in proposals before and didn't see any action on them, this may be why. Try again, keeping the schedule in mind.

Bruce

·
just another old phart
2,258 Posts
JB,

In a situation where a rule change is being tried experimentally this year as a reaction to previous member popular input (the suspension of age limits springs to mind) does the PRB expect and need to hear additional comment from the membership in order to make the change permanent?

Kent Gardam

·
www.christianedstrom.com
2,144 Posts
>In a situation where a rule change is being tried
>experimentally this year as a reaction to previous member
>popular input (the suspension of age limits springs to mind)
>does the PRB expect and need to hear additional comment from
>the membership in order to make the change permanent?

Kent,

I think that the suspension of age limits is on firm ground, so I wouldn't concern myself especially with that rule, but if you would like to send a letter to the PRB reiterating your preference for no age limits, we would certainly read it, and add it to our stack of comments.

New this year, also, is a formalized member-review of the newly proposed 2005 rules. This will take place in June (look at the PR for the exact date range), and will allow you to comment on all proposed new 2005 rules.

Thanks,
- Christian

Bjorn Christian Edstrom
www.christianedstrom.com

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Cool deal, Christian. Thanks to you and the PRB for making another good move.

Thanks,
Mark Bowers

(PS: Now if I can maneuver my son (a 5 year rallier at the tender age of 21!) into having faith that SCCA rallying is on the road to recovery for us plebians.....you've given me some material to work with.)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts