Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
www.christianedstrom.com
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2005 Race of Champions is December 3 at the Stade de France, and the Nations' Cup line-ups are starting to be announced:

Finland:
Marcus Gronholm (WRC)
Heikki Kovalainen (GP2)

France:
Sebastien Loeb (WRC)
Jean Alesi (DTM, ex-F1)

Great Britain:
Colin McRae (WRC)
David Coulthard (F1)

USA:
Jeff Gordon (NASCAR)
Travis Pastrana (Rally America)

Some thoughts:

I'll be keen to see the German team, but for now, my money is on France in the Nations' Cup. And really, are the Scots the only people who can drive on that little island off the coast of France? Isn't it customary to bring one's co-driver to these things? :)

- Christian

Bjorn Christian Edstrom
www.christianedstrom.com

·
50 L3/CR 70 Yump 200
997 Posts
OK Christian
- I'll make a friendly wager with ya
I cannot vote against ANY team with someone named "Heikki" playin'

- Jeffy
(How do we get John Buffum on this team! - nothing against Travis or Jeff G )

·
Mä meen vittu sinne!
6,058 Posts
I think it's just cool that they actually chose a rally guy this time around from the US. Of course, Finland will win it. Loeb can't deal with the pressure of performing under the hometown pressure. I wonder if it'll be in HDTV and live again this year. I didn't get anything done at work last year when it was on and went in super early so I could watch it in HD on 40 different TVs. It was awesome.

·
Registered
334 Posts
What I want to know is how do we get a Canadian Team?
Pat Richard and some one else?

I am sure pat would do great on the other types of vehicles as well.

·
Registered
907 Posts
for some reason I though they would be in the Canary Islands this year again on gravel, are they not suposed to alternate?

What is with Travis driving a trophy truck this weekend down here in the Nissan Off Road Challenge. I might just have to go to the track.

-gp

·
www.christianedstrom.com
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, Travis is driving a CORR truck this weekend. Anything to get a bit more time on dirt! :) And Jeremy McGrath is racing as well.

It also looks like we'll be racing another truck in an event just south of you in a little over a month. You should come down! We'll have lots of fun! Mex-eee-co!

- Christian

Bjorn Christian Edstrom
www.christianedstrom.com

·
Registered
542 Posts
Pat Richard and Jacque Villeneuve? Although the organizers probably only want international stars. Pat would be a great choice though, speaks French, well spoken and fast.

·
Mä meen vittu sinne!
6,058 Posts
You guys suck. I'm assuming you mean south, like other side of the border. That's pretty damn awesome really. We talked about going down to crew for Justin Lofton at Pike's Peak. Need anyone :)

·
Mä meen vittu sinne!
6,058 Posts
My supervisor used to work for Johns Mansville and they cosponsor with Centrix financial for the GP and CORR vehicles. I've looked over their cars when they've had them on display across the street here in Denver but that's about it. Who's going to be the second codriver? I'd do it in a second so I'm sure whoever you have would too. Pike's Peak, Baja, Race to the Clouds, Dakar, and 1000 Lakes. That's my to do list. Got one down so far, and hoping to get something set up for the Easter one. We've talked about building a Class 12 Bug for Baja.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hey Grant,
What's class 12? Baja bugs are Class5, Class 5-1600 or the stock bugs are class 11. Are there new classes since I've been to Baja?

Bob Campbell
[email protected]
BCR Rallysport
Colorado Springs, CO

·
eating dust taking photos
3,740 Posts
>Hey Grant,
> What's class 12? Baja bugs are Class5, Class 5-1600 or the
>stock bugs are class 11. Are there new classes since I've been
>to Baja?
>
>Bob Campbell
>[email protected]
>BCR Rallysport
>Colorado Springs, CO

Maybe thats why they have only talked about it? :7

·
Registered
542 Posts
How about Pat and Ron Fellows?
JV might want too much $$$

Oh, I like that one.
How about Paul Tracy and Pat Richard?

Can you imagine P.T. and his outspoken attitude talking about the Mickey Mouuse track from las year?

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
>How about Paul Tracy and Pat Richard?
>
>Can you imagine P.T. and his outspoken attitude talking about
>the Mickey Mouuse track from las year?

Oooohhhhh - that would be good ! P.T. and Pat - wow - Lets get a petition going for 06 - since 05 is too late.

PR and PT - in 06!

·
Media Dude
1,464 Posts
>>How about Paul Tracy and Pat Richard?
>>
>>Can you imagine P.T. and his outspoken attitude talking
>about
>>the Mickey Mouuse track from las year?
>
>
>Oooohhhhh - that would be good ! P.T. and Pat - wow - Lets
>get a petition going for 06 - since 05 is too late.
>
>PR and PT - in 06!

WOOOO WOOOO!

·
Registered
803 Posts
beleive what you will, but actually there were discussions regarding this with an extremely high profile circuit driver but his management/sponsors wont allow it... petition PUH-LEAZE... we need everything we can get to put the north american rally stuff up front and center !

1 - 20 of 21 Posts