Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a friendly reminder that Maple Leaf Rally Club and the 2005 Black Bear Rally presented by Four Star Motorsports, HotBits Performance Parts and Subaru Canada will be holding our seeded draw one week from this evening, Monday June 13th, at the MLRC Mini Rally. For more information on the draw, please see http://www.mlrc.ca/blackbear/ .

With 21 cars now entered (a couple still to be added to the online entry list) the field is filling up towards our max of 35 cars. If you're looking to compete, you'd be best to get your entry in soon!

As a little teaser, thanks to RSO's assistance with grading the one rough road, we're now looking at 97kms of stage, 80kms of transit, and the highlight of it all: a 26.5km stage run in both directions, featuring 3 distinct "styles" of road.

The more the merrier, come on out and play in the woods!

·
Itinerant Co-Driver
581 Posts
>With 21 cars now entered (a couple still to be added to the
>online entry list) the field is filling up towards our max of
>35 cars. If you're looking to compete, you'd be best to get
>your entry in soon!

Hey - what's that noise? Sounds like the entry list banging its head on the 35 car ceiling.

29 entries as of this morning. Only 6 spots left. If you're thinking about entering, better do it now.

Good roads, fun rally and the folks in Dorset always make us feel welcome.

Jeff Hagan
Chief Safety Officer
2005 Black Bear Rally

·
Registered
555 Posts
The webmaster (and my trusty codriver) Alan Ockwell sent them to me today to check over, I would expect them up anytime now. I am blown away by the number of cars, truly fantastic! It will make my first BBR very competitive! I cannot wait!!!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For those not keeping track of the entry list, we are now at 31 cars, with a cap of 35. If you're thinking of entering but haven't yet, I strongly suggest you register online soon at http://www.mlrc.ca/blackbear/

The organizers would like to thank all the teams who are showing their support for the event by giving us such a strong field. We will be doing everything we can to provide the best rally experience around!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Excellent work Ryan and the organizing crew! looks FAAAANtastic

Yeah and 5 P1 cars so far... let the battle of the titans begin! Watch out here comes 1.2 L of gravel crushing might!

Matt
88 JuSTI
1.2L of stomp on it!

·
straight at T
2,472 Posts
RE: off topic - Justy

>Matt
>88 JuSTI
>1.2L of stomp on it!

If you are interested in the parts car I mentioned, it is still available. Its a '91, as far as I can tell.

E-mail me at adrian dot wintle at honeywell dot com for more details.

Adrian

·
Registered
935 Posts
RE: Spectator schedule

Quick questions now that some spectator details are up:

* What time is departure for the recce runs going to be? (Some spectators will want to see friends before they leave Dorset)

* Is there a service break between Sherborne lake and Pine springs? (Will spectators be able to catch the morning at the jumps and make it to the new area on time?)

* What sort of condition is the 7.5km stretch spectators will have to traverse of Black river road in? (The new car will not be going down anything remotely rocky....)

* Is the backup area on Pine springs a park on the highway deal, or still driving in?

T-7 days and counting!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

>Quick questions now that some spectator details are up:
>
>* What time is departure for the recce runs going to be?
>(Some spectators will want to see friends before they leave
>Dorset)

The notes familiarization begins at 7am sharp, though teams will be coming back to the rally headquarters prior to the driver's meeting and official start.

>* Is there a service break between Sherborne lake and Pine
>springs? (Will spectators be able to catch the morning at the
>jumps and make it to the new area on time?)

Yes, there is a service break, but because of the length of the transit around, it would be basically impossible to make it out of the Sherborne stage and around to the Pine Springs spectator area in time for the first cars. We have not advertised it but we will also be staffing the spectator area just into the Sherborne stage, roughly 100m in from the start line. You could spectate the inbound leg of stage 1 from there, and then depart and make it to the Pine Springs area for the first cars. Because the main spot at the double jumps is 1km into the stage, we will not be allowing spectators to walk out on the stage road until after all the cars and the sweeps have cleared the stage on the outbound leg, and at that point you don't have sufficient time to get around.

>* What sort of condition is the 7.5km stretch spectators will
>have to traverse of Black river road in? (The new car will
>not be going down anything remotely rocky....)

This part of the road is very smooth, in excellent condition. Spectators need not worry about road conditions.

>* Is the backup area on Pine springs a park on the highway
>deal, or still driving in?

Not sure what you mean by this. The Sherborne Lake spectator area is a park on the highway situation, yes. The new spot on Pine Springs has parking available along the side of the road, much like the parking at Castledines for Pines. We will have a marshal there to ensure a clear lane as this road must be kept clear for emergency vehicles.

>T-7 days and counting!

Hope to see you there!

·
Registered
935 Posts

>We have not
>advertised it but we will also be staffing the spectator area
>just into the Sherborne stage, roughly 100m in from the start
>line. You could spectate the inbound leg of stage 1 from
>there, and then depart and make it to the Pine Springs area
>for the first cars. Because the main spot at the double jumps
>is 1km into the stage, we will not be allowing spectators to
>walk out on the stage road until after all the cars and the
>sweeps have cleared the stage on the outbound leg, and at that
>point you don't have sufficient time to get around.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, how nice is the new place? Those jumps are classic, so I'm having a hard time deciding which to make camp at...

>Not sure what you mean by this.

On the spectator information area, they say late arrivals to Pine Springs will be allowed to watch at a T junction somewhere, and I was curious if we'd be able to make it this far if we hung around for 2 passes at Sherbourne lake.

Up to 32 paid entries!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

I think the new spot will be really nice. It's a hard right onto a bridge into a hard left. The embankments above the road allow a great view. As for the tee junction, it is about 150m from the bridge. You walk past the junction to get to the bridge area (before car 0 that is) or stay at the junction.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts