Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Maple Leaf Rally Club is pleased to announce that the 2005 Black Bear Rally, Presented by Four Star Motorsports, HotBits Performance Parts and Subaru Canada is now open for registration.

Please visit http://www.mlrc.ca/blackbear/ for information such as suplementary regulations in both English and French, online registration and payment forms and our event payment policies.

The 2005 Black Bear Rally

Presented By:

June 18, 2005
Dorset, Ontario

- ~100kms (60 miles) of stages
- Compact route
- 2 new stage roads
- Descriptive Stage Notes by ACP and Marc Goldfarb
- Single pass "stage note familiarization"
- Significant cash and other awards

Please see http://www.mlrc.ca/blackbear/ for more information.

We look forward to seeing everyone in Dorset on June 18th.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Ryan,
As perviously discussed we won't make it, car not ready :-(

I was discouraged to read in the sup-regs that Group 5 rules are still "proposed" and that for OPRC Group 5 entries will be scored in Open Class. I was under the impression that group 5 was official for Ontario region this year as per: topic #4958 in this forum, posted by Ray F.

We will be out later this year and I'd like to know exactly where Group 5 stands.

Thanks...Martin.

·
Registered
935 Posts
>We will be out later this year and I'd like to know exactly
>where Group 5 stands.

I'd imagine it will be given standing once some people show up to run it. I would not be concerned, Martin, you've got PM.

That being said, I'm excited to see BB's expanded route this year. Still need a ride...otherwise it's spectator time for a change.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Martin, thats really too bad, I hope you can get her ready for Galway!

I'm really looking forward to this years P4 entry, if everyone shows who I think should then it will be great fun! Im looking forward to my first crack at this rally after doing car 00 last year...Less than one month!

·
Registered
8 Posts
AJC RALLYE TEAM will be at the black bear to compete in our first OPRC rally and second rallye of the year after Sanair in april. We are looking foward to compete with you and we hope to have P1 compedition, a few team from Quebec have also confirm their presence at the black bear.

Julien Cloutier
AJC RALLYE

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Julien, so far looking at the entries we've got in the last 24 hours, P1 is quite well represented! The more the merrier!

·
50 L3/CR 70 Yump 200
997 Posts
Two Gr.5 cars coming from West Michigan,
Including one rompin', stompin' V8 !
Them black flies don't stand a chance!

Jeffy
Anouther poor, dumb codriver from Michigan

·
Registered
532 Posts
Anyone interested in helping out (marshals, spectator safety, radio), please contact the organizers.

I know they need more people!!!

Dave C

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, there were getting going last weekend. Well, no black flies in a rallycar at speed anyways, so competitors need not worry }(

Eight entries so far, online listing to be updated early next week (aka after the long weekend, weeeeeeee!!!)

Ryan

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Get some DEEEET or a nice mosquito headnet, put it on and relax.

Since Black Bear is the best rally I've been to I'm going to try and make it. I don't have a rally car though. Any rentals out there?

·
Registered
555 Posts
Jake, if you want to rent a car I would suggest a message on the rally-ontario list. There are some cars around that are not active right now im sure. Are you on that list?

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
>Jake, if you want to rent a car I would suggest a message on
>the rally-ontario list. There are some cars around that are
>not active right now im sure. Are you on that list?
>

No I'm not. I don't have email right now either.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I just wanted to mention that our entry list is now online at http://www.tallpinesrally.com/MLRC/BBEntryList.asp , with 11 cars on the list and entries continuing to come in (I can't wait to see some of that Group 5 action!)

The 2005 Black Bear Rally

Presented by:
Four Star Motorsports
HotBits Performance Parts
Subaru Canada

June 18, 2005

1 - 18 of 18 Posts