Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Triple crown in Québec (follow up)

Now that's an interesting concept...

A three rally 'Winter' series.

An 'equalizer' for the high power cars, as it were..!

Frank de Kat

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
RE: Triple crown in Québec (follow up)

>>If only they allowed 2wd turbo cars...
>
>if only they alowed 4wd cars...
>

Wouldn't that kind of defeat the purpose of the low-cost/high-talent series that they are looking to create? There are already several championships where those with turbos, 4wd, and deep pockets can show their stuff, and the NA 2wd guys become an afterthought.

I love this idea and wish them luck! I think it could be the ticket to finding our next super drivers.

·
Registered
280 Posts

i Agree whit you...the only problem is that there is no otter option beside racing at the national level for those that want to start and dont fit in the new championship rules...

doing rally whit out the abelaty to score point to a championship makes it very hard to find sponsors...and its a legitimate rigth.....it woudl alos be so simple to make everybody happy...

Oo...and if you look at my car...what i do whit it...andf how i pay for it...its easy to see that im all about afortable rallying....the only thing i dont like about all this is that it excluded many team...its pretty sad.

Alain Lavoie
24Rallyteam
http://www.abikeonline.com/24rallyteam/

·
Registered
935 Posts

>Wouldn't that kind of defeat the purpose of the
>low-cost/high-talent series that they are looking to create?
> There are already several championships where those with
>turbos, 4wd, and deep pockets can show their stuff, and the
>NA 2wd guys become an afterthought.
>
>I love this idea and wish them luck! I think it could be
>the ticket to finding our next super drivers.

Well, I think this can still be dominated by some high-buck cars, since I think the Mazda costs a wee bit more than a lot of the cars running it so far. And wether the turbo is really a cost adding or saving measure can be debated as well, but what can you do? If Ontario/Canada adds Grp5 (Or even if they don't really, I'll still build the damn car) I'd be happy.

But the exclusion of the Jutsy isn't a good idea in my mind, judging by the number of quebec nuts who own or are building them already. I would've voted for a displacement-limited scheme, as opposed to drive layout.

·
Registered
280 Posts

Its not just the justy...there are many 1.8...2.2...and otter impreza...323GTX p4 talon and otter 4wd car that lost there regional championship....

beside that...if you have a car that fit in the rules...go for it....and if you plan to built a 2wd car this is the place to be....lots of freindly people and good competition. plus there is very cool prizes for the winners.

the only big issue i have whit all of this is that it would not be to hard to make a parallele (in the same event) championship for the otter car...

Alain Lavoie
24Rallyteam

·
Registered
1,407 Posts

>the only big issue i have whit all of this is that it would
>not be to hard to make a parallele (in the same event)
>championship for the otter car...

Well, I can't argue with that. "If you build it they will come." I actually would like to see rallying marketed as a seperate championship for 2wd and 4wd. Why?

1. 2wd isn't competitive with the same power of car in 4wd.
2. Only 2 companies make 4wd cars with an eye toward rally. And neither of them want to play over here anymore.
3. EVERY company has a 2wd econobox that could be a suitable rally car...if there was any marketing value in finishing first 2wd...but since the 2wd results are an afterthought to the overall results due to the way rallying is presented, none of these other companies will ante up.

A separation of 2wd and 4wd championships could lead to a growth from companies we haven't heard from yet...or at least in a long time. Its in presentation. You don't have Speed World Challenge Touring Cars running with GT cars. You give them their own show...their own championship. It has fostered a BUNCH of growth in Touring Cars for all those companies who want to spend at that level, but aren't interested in outspending Cadillac or Audi at GT level.

If you look across the pond, there is a reason there is a separate JWRC. There is a reason there is a separate press conference, champagne spray etc. for Super1600. It is in marketing and attracting those companies who can't or don't want to spend at the WRC level.

Eric

ps...while it might take a fair amount to reproduce my Mazda, an older car could be built to an equally competitive spec for a pretty easy amount. 200hp (crank) and 2900lbs.

·
Media Dude
1,464 Posts

what about justys with the 2wd/4wd button, if you could disable the button some how, so it had to stay in 2wd would you be allowed to run it then?

·
Registered
280 Posts

>what about justys with the 2wd/4wd button, if you could
>disable the button some how, so it had to stay in 2wd would
>you be allowed to run it then?

Naaa...the car feel like crap on 2wd....i tried it FWD and RWD wen some axel broke and it just suck....the RWD was alot of funn do :+ but there is just way to much power in that car to only use 2 wheel...:+
Alain Lavoie
24Rallyteam

·
Registered
240 Posts

Has or is anything going to happen to limit the spec. of the cars? I know there was talk of it. To truly stay with the affordable them and make it a driving contest I would think things need to change. Currently the cars are pretty low spec. but with an increase in prizes, coverage and competitiveness I expect this to change in a hurry. Just for starters I would say no dog boxes and may go so far as to say everything stock except the LSD and final drive. No alternate materials on body pieces, just leave the part about fender flares, maybe some min weight to help all the way around. I would say limit engines to but I am not sure of the most effective way. Just a thought, from the valve cover to the oil pan stock except the cams. That way you can do some of the easy/cheep stuff like lighter pulleys/fly wheel polish the intake better throttle body and the cams should give you better power. While leaving the pricy stuff, pistons, connecting rods, crank and head alone. Yeh all sorts of issues come up with enforceability but that?s just how it is. Anyone else?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts