Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
CR>R5 into L3- 100 Finish
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Damn,...
I guess Mitsubishi is just giving away the series for next year.
Subaru will have it too easy that is if AFR doesn't find a suitiable driver.

Whiplash RallyeSport

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Mighty SUBARU got beat by an independant team for the driver's title and by a much lesser funded Hyundai team for the Mfg. title in 2002.

Mitsubishi swept both titles in 2003.

Anything's possible in 2004, Maybe Lurch spearheads Mazda to an overall title?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hmmm, I must have been in another dimension. I do not remember a FOCUS winning the MFG's championship last year. Maybe Alzheimers is starting to sink in. I apologize for my lack of memory. How rude of me! :p

Carlos Lopez
E.T. Racing

P.s. Edited to include the abbreviation "MFG" missing from my previous post. I know of David H's accomplishments in 2002. However, the teams have changed and we even have other EVO's capable of going head to head with "A" Subaru. But, as my intention with the post went unnoticed, Pasi and Ramana should get no serious competition next year. IMHO!

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
it is important to remember the man behind the wheel of that car. my money is on whatever car david higgins drives next season if he does return. could we possible see him in a freddy loix type role for mitsu in wrc next year?

·
Registered
118 Posts
I love to be proven wrong. Although I still stand on my previous opinion (as evidence, this year's final standings) I wish you and whoever ends up driving the car, good luck. I will buy you a beer if you guys prove me wrong! ;)

Carlos Lopez
E.T. Racing

·
Registered
202 Posts
In a turbocharged, 4wd RX-8? Maybe... run the front output shaft back through the input shaft and the engine's main shaft, theoretically possible (though possibly ridiculous and generally fraught) with a rotary. The motor sits far enough back already, just hang the front diff off the front of the motor... hmmmmm. Okay, it'd require a whole new engine design. Not in a million years, though it seems more realistic than trying to cajole Ford to officially bring over their AWD Foci.

...though if Mazda really wanted to embarass Subaru without ticking anyone off, they'd run G5 and put a madman like Vance Walker behind the wheel. Then they'd be able to spank Open class without really taking anything away from them.

andy

·
Registered
120 Posts
Is all there $$ going into the WRC for next year? They didn't sell very many EVO's Either, did they? I feel like pulling out of the series, no I can't I'm the official ROCKSTAR PHOTOGRAPHER}>. I will miss the sea of red next year. One other thing, I want to thank Kurt for everything he did for me and some of the other photog's. So many people have issues. Only took a year for me to like Morgan}>

http://www.gofastphoto.com/photos/misc/plsek7.jpg

SEE y'all at Sno Drift....maybe

Chris...gofastphoto

·
CR>R5 into L3- 100 Finish
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes,.. I do believe that a good driver can take any car to the top.
Maybe not for a series win, but definitly make it more difficult to runaway with the championship.
Pasi is a good driver and gave Dave a hard time. If Pasi would have started the season, who knows how it would have ended.
A lot has to do with the crew as well. If you have one hell of a car, but the crew is not up-to-date, good luck.
I believe the AFR team has what it takes.
Just my opinion.

Whiplash RallyeSport

·
Faster Mabricator
3,611 Posts
>So bets on AFR signing Lauchlin?

I know. I know.
But if I post the answer here I'll be berated and it'll be just another rumor until the official press release. Better keep my mouth shut until then. Wouldn't you like to know?:+

·
your other left, you idiot
3,909 Posts
Mitsu/WRC/drifting

"Mitsubishi Motors North America, the 2003 SCCA® ProRallySM Manfacturers and Overall Drivers Champion, announced today that it is withdrawing from all motorsports competition in 2004."

I don't believe that Mitsu N.A. was ever involved in WRC.

Also, does "motorsports competition" apply to drifting?

press on,

1 - 20 of 29 Posts