Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Administrator Emeritus
Joined
·
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jan 30-31 Sno*Drift
Apr 17-18 Oregon Trail
May 7-8 Rim of the World
Jun 5 Susquehannock Trail
Jun 24-26 Pikes Peak
Jul 23-24 Maine Forest
Aug 27-28 Ojibwe Forests
Sep 24-26 Colorado Cog
Oct 22-23 Lake Superior
Nov 6-7 Heart of Dixie

Notes: Pikes Peak will have 40+ stage miles this year. Colorado Cog website is www.coloradocog.com . Heart of Dixie is a Mfg points event and will host the awards banquet. All rounds are included in the North American Rally Cup.
 

·
Administrator Emeritus
Joined
·
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
More details on Pikes Peak:

Including the traditional hillclimb on Saturday morning, the ProRally division will have a total of 5 special stages, comprising approximately 40 stage miles.

Full points will be awarded for drivers, codrivers and manufacturers.

No entry cap for the ProRally division.

Entry Fees: $900 until 12/31/03, $1050 until 3/1/04, $1550 until 6/15/04.

There is more, but the rest can wait for the bulletin to be published officially.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
672 Posts
Jim,

Are you sure Heart of Dixie is on the ProRally Calendar? Is this information from an official SCCA release I missed? I went to the SCCA web site and could not find anything on the 2004 schedule. This event is a brand new club rally that has never taken place.

I'm sure this is an error. The SCCA and the Rally Board would not mistakenly place a club event on the national championship calendar and devalue the events that have earned that listing. We were told at the October 1, meeting in Topeka that this event was not going to be on the ProRally schedule. Can you tell us where this information came from?

Ray Hocker
Event Chairman, Rim of the World Rally
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
339 Posts
From a travel standpoint the schedule looks better. However Pikes Peak is still a $1000 joke to be on the National Schedule and Heart of Dixie on the schedule? Comments held to myself......

Brian
 

·
Retired Rally Photographer
Joined
·
2,069 Posts
>Jim,
>
>Are you sure Heart of Dixie is on the ProRally Calendar? Is
>this information from an official SCCA release I missed? I
>went to the SCCA web site and could not find anything on the
>2004 schedule. This event is a brand new club rally that has
>never taken place.
>
>I'm sure this is an error. The SCCA and the Rally Board
>would not mistakenly place a club event on the national
>championship calendar and devalue the events that have
>earned that listing. We were told at the October 1, meeting
>in Topeka that this event was not going to be on the
>ProRally schedule. Can you tell us where this information
>came from?

It is in the blue schedule sheet that was handed out at the Awards buffet this morning.

Pete
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
339 Posts
I thought a rally had to be observed as a Clubrally before it could become a National? Rally New York was observed 2 or 3 years ago. This year Colorado Cog was observed also....

Maybe I was just confused.

Brian
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,443 Posts
It is listed as part of the Manufacturers Championship only. This would only have been done at the request of the manufacturers. It does seem a bit of a risk, but Subaru & Mitsubishi have been open about their desire to see 10 events in the series, and SCCA is no doubt anxious to re-establish ProRally in the Southeast. It wouldn't be the first time that expediency overruled procedure in SCCA.
 

·
NASA Rally Sport grassroots!!!
Joined
·
2,835 Posts
>I thought a rally had to be observed as a Clubrally before
>it could become a National?

Hmmm, I have an idea. For some reason, I thought that HOD, which was supposed to be a ClubRally happening this fall (like, *now*) was postponed till spring.

Perhaps they are planning on having the ClubRally event in spring and getting that observed, then putting on the Pro event in the fall.

Anders
 

·
Administrator Emeritus
Joined
·
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
>Are you sure Heart of Dixie is on the ProRally Calendar?

This is from the blue sheet handed out at the awards banquet at LSPR. At the bottom it says "2004 USA Schedule.doc - revised: 10/18/2003".

It is the 2004 SCCA ProRally Schedule. All of the events are in one table except for Heart of Dixie which is listed just below the main table. The only differences shown for that event is that it is listed as "2005 Season Preview & Awards Banquet - MFG Points Event". It is not televised on Speed either.

Also, Steve Johnson said at the banquet that this will likely be the schedule for the next 3 years as they have commitments from all the events.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,275 Posts
So, is it a pro rally or a club rally?

If it is a pro rally, it certainly has to be observed as a club rally first.

If it is a club rally, then what coefficient is it and how is it counted towards the mfr's point?

What about the other Pro Rally entrants? e.g. AFR?

It sound like PPIHC 2002(the way they're incorporating it).

> Also, Steve Johnson said at the banquet that this will likely be the schedule for the next 3 years as they have commitments from all the events.

That's interesting because the PRB letter to the WW says that if they address their "issues" in 2004, then they could be re-listed for 2005.
 

·
your other left, you idiot
Joined
·
3,909 Posts
HoD

The blue sheet it is on is titled "SCCA ProRally". There is no mention of Club events on this sheet. There was no Club schedule passed out.

At the bottom there is also "Schedule and features subject to change".


>So, is it a pro rally or a club rally?
>
>If it is a pro rally, it certainly has to be observed as a
>club rally first.
>
>If it is a club rally, then what coefficient is it and how
>is it counted towards the mfr's point?
>

press on,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,998 Posts
Heart of Dixie will not really be a ProRally in 2004. HOWEVER, the manufacturer teams have committed to attend...thus the notation on the published schedule showing it as a Manufacturer points event. I doubt that it will actually award manufacturer points.

It will also be an opportunity to introduce the 2005 season formally, and the 2004 year-end banquet will be there. This should explain its inclusion on the Pro Rally schedule.

Without going into a lot of detail, all the bases are being touched with respect to confirming the event as a ProRally for 2005.

Bruce
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
>So, is it a pro rally or a club rally?
>
>If it is a pro rally, it certainly has to be observed as a
>club rally first.


Hey, this is just like the joke of a GpN rule set in the US. SCCA is getting even better at "make 'em as you go along" rules.
 

·
www.christianedstrom.com
Joined
·
2,144 Posts
>Damn....and LSPR was such a fitting end to the season. I'll
>be sorry to see that go.

I agree, but the LSPR organizers have been expressed a desire to not have to host & worry about the year-end awards.

Doing the year-end awards at HOD will accomodate this desire on the part of the LSPR organizers.

- Christian

Bjorn Christian Edstrom
www.christianedstrom.com
 
1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Top