Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Well, since there are nine times for stage 1, and nothing has been updated for a half an hour, does this mean the rally has been stopped for some reason? If so, we should be told.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry about that. We normally use time card at service to generate results.

But at the beginning of the rally, the radio guy had some spare time to get us some time from check point. But it gets busy after 12 cars and it stop.

It should resume soon, cars are entering service.

George ;-)

·
Retired Rally Photographer
2,069 Posts
>what/whose car was Seamus driving??
>Leon

Edit again: Looks like the Evo 8 when reading the entry list: http://www.rallyscoring.com/results/2004/Cherokee/

I'd imagine it's his Evo 4 since it'd be a chore (but not an impossible one) to get the Evo 8 back from CA and properly working in time.

http://www.onalimbracing.com/albums/2003sandblast/IMG_1452.sized.jpg

Looks like he went off the road (along with 5 other cars) & 300 feet down a hill on SS2 anyway. Poor guy is so fast, but has just had the worst luck.

Pete

·
Faster Mabricator
3,611 Posts
Seamus

200 feet off the road down a cliff/embankment. Stage 2 claimed several teams the same way.
It was the Evo 8. Murray showed up at 1Am last night after replacing the framerails and front end.
JeanGeorge's entry/results are correct and hats off to TAD.

The organizers here just keep surprising us with more new twisty as can be roads.

We just withdrew with a cracked exhaust manifold while in 2nd OA.
:(

·
don't cut
2,252 Posts
>what/whose car was Seamus driving??
>Leon

They fixed the 8. Tuesday night they had the motor out, and were preparing to graft a new set of frame rails off of a donor car at the shop. I don't suspect Murray got much sleep this week.

If Seamus did indeed go down a 200 feet cliff after all this, better put both him and Murry on a suicide watch.

Dennis Martin
[email protected]
920-432-4845

·
Administrator Emeritus
1,207 Posts
>Field in 2nd place in a 2wd car after 7 of 10 stages. When
>was the last time a 2wd car won a rally overall?

Scott Fuller and Jeff Call won a bunch of ClubRally events overall last year in a G2 VW Golf.

Last time for a ProRally? Harris Done in Prescott, AZ ('95, I think) or maybe Tim O'Neil in Georgia ('89 or so).

Ben

·
Registered
768 Posts
- Too bad Mr Fields won run the whole championship in P to show how high you can be IF you can drive.....
- Driving like that he'd be in top 5 in every rally.

PS. Forgot to thank "Jorge". Great job as usual.

·
Registered
10 Posts
WOW! What a rally. This was one of the first times since I have been involved in rally that ANY car with the best driver/co-driver team could win. The roads at Cherokee are really an equalizer for rally cars.

The 6 mile shakedown stage that was SS1 at Rally Tennessee saved some teams from unexpected problems in competition. Running the stage was also a great training and brush up session for control officials. I even got to practice the "Beryl-Ann" move with a local lady until that charmer, Ray Hocker arrived.

My big surprise was the competitors forgot to tell me that they had a base jump with a "Cudzu Climb" planned on SS2. I know the brochure says "They Fly At Cherokee Trails" but really that was not meant to be taken literally :)

Congratulations to all of the hardy souls who made it to the finish. The "top ten."

Thank you to all of the people who helped with Cherokee. After SS2, we learned that many of our rally officials have all types of wiley ways and abilities to get cars out of precarious situations.

A bunch of giant turkeys made my life interesting while doing course opening 00 safety car. Who knew they could be that big and swarm!

More when I recover from the great equalizer- Cherokee Trails!

Kendall

·
Slid'n around 'n havin a ball
2,953 Posts
RE: 2004 Cherokee Trails

A lot of you missed an excellent rally. All the good stuff, single service/tech/finish. Short transits and friendly competitors, workers and organizers. The roads were new but the same twisty up and down the mountain that I prefer to; planting my right foot and steering (with my eyes closed). Kendall said they have a 5-year deal signed for use!
Most of the field did well on ss1 and then shot themselves in the foot on ss2! After Tom Lawless did his thing on 4 or 5, Hadjiminas lost boost and withdrew and left the whole event to the also-rans, which I thank them for. Langbein's 4trac stayed in service too long and lost his chance to place after some great times. I had a great time trying to get back from a cautious start and congratulate Mr's O'Brian and Field for their ability to stay on the road as few (evidently) can.
BTW, no complaints of cheating that I heard. This is a happy bunch.
video is being compressed and posted...
rz

·
Memphis Rally Nerd
462 Posts
RE: 2004 Cherokee Trails

Really sucks I had to miss it. For some reason I was under the impression it was postponed. Im from memphis and missing a rally in TN for ME is a no-no. The first year I went I was talked into by John Shirley on the phone after I called him (cant remember how I got his #. His excitement in his voise is what sold me on heading out there. I had a blast and met some rally passionate people on the stages, I also went the next year as well. I wont forget having a steak with Andrew Havas and being interviewed by a magazine buddy of his and the friendlyness of both of them. They were happy to answer my barrage of silly questions and it made my wife excited about "lil cars sliding around the mountains". I will be in alabama as most of the more northwestern rallies are a bit out of my range. All apologies for not being there to support all the teams and organizers.

Terry Hernandez
(Memphis, Tn)

·
Registered
83 Posts
I had a great time. Went around the shakedown stage several times. But, got caught off-guard by a big muddy corner close to the end of SS1, slid and nosed-in to the dirt. Wasn't much of an impact, but it bent the port-side control-arm. I'm really bummed that my first rally was cut short like that, but I did have fun. I'm looking forward to WestVirginia or RallyAL (probaby AL).

In car video:
http://www.knology.net/~hal9000/CT_SS1_small.rm

·
Faster Mabricator
3,611 Posts
> but it bent the port-side control-arm.

I didn't know boats had control arms.:+
Better luck and more seat-time next rally.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.