Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pick up the June issue of Sport Compact Car, it includes a separate 33 page color fan guide in the plastic bag. Very nicely done. Kudos to SCC and to Spitzner or whoever was responsible at SCCA for making this happen. Show your support and go out and buy a copy or two of SCC. I have noticed a decline in coverage of rally in some of the mags recently, specifically Import Racer and Super Street. So when a mag does cover rally, we need to vote with our wallets.

·
Registered
28 Posts
>Pick up the June issue of Sport Compact Car, it includes a
>separate 33 page color fan guide in the plastic bag. Very
>nicely done. Kudos to SCC and to Spitzner or whoever was
>responsible at SCCA for making this happen. Show your
>support and go out and buy a copy or two of SCC. I have
>noticed a decline in coverage of rally in some of the mags
>recently, specifically Import Racer and Super Street. So
>when a mag does cover rally, we need to vote with our
>wallets.
You can always personally thank Dave Coleman at rim!
He will be in Car # 346 Dave Coleman / Amar Sehmi Nissan Sentra Group 5

·
Administrator Emeritus
1,207 Posts
>Pick up the June issue of Sport Compact Car, it includes a
>separate 33 page color fan guide in the plastic bag. Very
>nicely done. Kudos to SCC and to Spitzner or whoever was
>responsible at SCCA for making this happen. Show your
>support and go out and buy a copy or two of SCC. I have
>noticed a decline in coverage of rally in some of the mags
>recently, specifically Import Racer and Super Street. So
>when a mag does cover rally, we need to vote with our
>wallets.

Copies of this were also sent to national event organizers, so look for them at a ProRally near you, or perhaps at events leading up to them (in Portland, OR that would be the swap meet at the Expo Center this coming weekend, or the RallyCross at Washington County fairgrounds on May 11). Thank you SCC for your support of performance rally; buy their magazine.

Rally America has also produced nice mini-posters and tri-fold ProRally brochures.

Ben
Oregon Trail ProRally

P.S. Since that Fan Guide was published, the name of the Oregon Trail rally HQ motel changed from the West Coast Hillsboro Hotel to the Red Lion Hillsboro Hotel.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just got my subscription issue in the mail and as reported by others, it did not have the fan guide in it. What a bummer. I guess you will have to go to the news stand if you want one.

JT

·
Registered
265 Posts
>Kudos to SCC and to Spitzner or whoever was
>responsible at SCCA for making this happen

It was Garret Mudd who put the fan guide together, with some help from Eric Prill. I wrote much of the "Preview" information (Remember a few months back when I asked who was running for a championship this year? It was for this Fan Guide.), with team information provided by the Subaru and Mitsubishi team PR.

A damn good idea, one that should have been done years ago.

Tim Winker

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tim,

Good job to all involved. Any idea how we can get additional copies? These would be great to include in media kits or sponsor proposals. They had a stack on the table at the Holiday Inn at Rim, but I resisted the urge to grab a hand full.

JT

·
Four tree two remember Andrew
1,632 Posts
>Tim,
>
>Good job to all involved. Any idea how we can get
>additional copies?

SCCA National has them available through Sue Robinson. I got a bunch for a presentation in front of a local county Chamber.

Wilson

·
Four tree two remember Andrew
1,632 Posts
>That still doesn't explain why subscribers didn't get them.
>
>Philip J. Boer
>[email protected]

Well the question I was answering was whether folks could get ADDITIONAL copies, not why the subscribers didn't get them (see previous post). Teach you to subscribe to SSC instead of GRM.
}>

Wilson

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
I have several boxes of this fan guide but I am going to use at Treeline Rally even though the rally is in November at least get people to think about getting the subscription for next year with SCC.
I gave them out to Rim workers if they wanted it.

I can send the fan guides to people, but if you want a bunch then you need to send me postage amount. We can work out the details by e-mailing me at [email protected].

Denise McMahon
Chief of Staff/Co-Organizer
Rim of the World Rally

1 - 16 of 16 Posts