Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, who is doing what next year? What are Subaru's plans? I read on a french forum that ericson(sp?) is going to open. Is Brian Scott coming back? You guys get the point. So, whats happening this yeat?

·
Faster Mabricator
3,611 Posts
McGeer with new codriver probably limited schedule. Williams codriving for manufacturer in US.
Would think Richard to run limited schedule around WRC/NARC events. Go Pat!
Nichols considering returning to Gr2 perhaps with select one-off events in the Open class Lachute Subaru.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Potential Western-based Challengers:
-----------------------------------

1./ Well, we've lost Dave Koszegi to the BC Regional Karting series this year, so the DBR Rallysport ex-Paynter/McGeer Legacy Turbo won't see much action. Unfortunate loss for rally, but until sponsorship $$ materializes, this will continue to be the case.

2./ There's the new Audi TT run by Andrew Tilston & the Max Power Rallysport team (see "Happy New Year" post below). I believe they're intending to mount a full national campaign.

3./ JK Motorsports is seeking a co-driver (see post below) with the intention of run the national series. Janusz Komorowski was running an Open Class Eagle Talon last year, but has been trying to sell the car and switch to a ____(?).

...and that's all the rumours for now.

Regionally I expect to see a few new teams take the plunge, especially with three nationals in the west this year. I know of at least two or thee more Vancouver teams getting their Subarus caged in the coming months so watch out, rallying in BC is on the rise!

Happy New Year!

Bill Westhead

·
Registered
296 Posts
Did not see Pat (Richard) on Sweden entry list. Tomorow is the deadline. So we may see Pat at Maniwaki.

Jerry

·
Registered
296 Posts
So, Sweden list is closed and Pat Richard + Martin Headland are on it. I am hoping that somehow we can see the "N" fight on TV screen.

Jerry

·
Registered
339 Posts
We will not be running a National schedule.

My car has been converted to Open class and we will be running a limited amount of events. We'll start off the year running some SCCA club-rallies (40mm restrictor) and are trying to put together something to run the Western Canadian events (on that horrible 34mm restrictor!).

After that we may run some Divisional rallies in Ontario, depending on the budget.

As for the rest of my time it will probably be spent on a fishing boat.

Brian

1 - 8 of 8 Posts