Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Monte is always toughest to predict. If it's snow Scandinavian drivers will win but if not SoEuropeans go well.
1. McRae
2. Gronholm
3. Loeb
4. Makinen
5. Panizzi

·
Registered
250 Posts
<edit> since there are 8 pts spots this year I have expanded as follows.

Tommi
Loeb
Marcus
Solberg
Sainz

Auriol (yeah Skoda)
Burns
Martin

McRae will <still> break the car.

Greg,
Crew Chief
1989 GTX #291

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat!!!

·
Registered
521 Posts
I'll go out on a limb a little

Makinen ( Last big hurrah )
Sainz ( #3 can place )
Burns ( Just because )
Solberg
Martin ( A surprise or two in the works )
Loeb
Gronholm
McCrea ( If he can keep on road )

David

·
Registered
768 Posts
...and they are maybe right!?
- STILL: I like him and hope he wins! He's like pre-Argentina crash Ari Vatanen, always flat-out.. totally fearless...and after a BIG ONE he just dusts it off and steps on a bit harder next time...
PS. Panizzi is 60sec behind all, and rally hasn't even started!

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cripes they saddled Panizzi with a one minute penalty the day before the rally started for a Recce violation. Too much to overcome, I would think.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Don't necessarily think McRae will crash, (ie controled flight into terrain) but I think he will find every weak point of that car before he wins an event. And Topi, I too really like Colin's style. He's probably my favorite driver, but the reason I like him is the same reason he frustrates me: he would have about 3 titles if he "could" slow down just a little bit.

Greg,
Crew Chief
1989 GTX #291

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat!!!

·
Registered
521 Posts
Must admit I like Colin and his style also...
Rally-Live reports that both Tommi and Peter's Subies have gone off on Stage 5 and Colin is in 3rd, blows my choices

David

·
Registered
113 Posts
RE: 2003 Monte - Citroen sweep

With all these wise predictions coming from guys within the sport, I'm thinking of becoming a bookie!!!!!! Wouldn't have had to pay out too much.......:p Then again, I know nothing of American Football (except the grass grows an inch during a game) but still picked up a tidy sum over the weekend by picking the Bucs by 15+.....:) And the experts thought I was mad.................suckerrrrrrrrsssssssss

1 - 15 of 15 Posts