Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Rally, my drug of choice.
1983 Mazdaru BR-7
934 Posts
Also you need more than just sill bars. Who's doing the cage updates?

*Cage needs Sill bars added to the cage in order to be legal with ARA. This is scheduled with local welding shop and to be done in the next two weeks. This brings this car up to grandfathered rules for racing ARA. *

·
Rally, my drug of choice.
1983 Mazdaru BR-7
934 Posts
Fair enough Mellow65, I agree with your point and I deleted that line until cage is updated. I do apologize for not responding with pictures, I do not see that request or I am missing it somehow. I did figure out how to ad pictures, and I did.
I reached out to ARA to ask about cage updates. Doug Nagy who is in charge of grandfathered vehicles told me "This log book is still accepted. You will need to add the windshield support braces to run ARA events. The rest meets our current requirements". I am having McVays welding in Washington make the updates. They are the crew behind North American Eagle Supersonic Speed Challenger setting landspeed records.
Good, I just wanted to make sure they were getting the window bar also. Looking at the cage as much as I can a sill bar and window bars are all I'm seeing that would be needed. But Nagy will be the final say in the thing. I will go back and clean up this thread as it wasn't our intention to crap on your thread, we are just looking for honesty, because this community is so small, we have to trust each other. Good luck with the sale!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts