1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

ROUND ONE OF THE 2005 UNITED STATES RALLY CHAMPIONSHIP
TO BE BROADCAST ON MOTORSPORT MUNDIAL via SPEED CHANNEL

The Cherokee Trails international Rally to be broadcast over two episodes covering the each day of the two-day rally.

Knoxville, TN (June 13, 2005) - The first round of the 2005 United States Rally Championship (USRC) will be broadcast over two episodes with each day of the two day event being shown as a separate episode on the internationally acclaimed Motorsport Mundial television program.

· Day 1 will be broadcast on Sunday, June 20th at 12:30am and Monday, June 20th at 7:30am.
· Day 2 will be broadcast on Sunday, June 26th at 7:30am and Monday, June 27th at 7:30am

Motorsport Mundial is carried in the United States on SPEED Channel, now in its 10th season, is the nation's first and foremost cable network dedicated to motor sports and the passion for everything automotive. From racing to restoration, motorcycles to movies, SPEED Channel delivers quality programming from the track to the garage. Now available in more than 68 million homes in North America, SPEED Channel is among the fastest growing sports cable networks in the country.

The United States Rally Championship is sanctioned by the United States Auto Club (USAC) and presented by National Auto Sport Association (NASA). For more information, contact Wilson von Kessler, (423) 265-2020, [email protected], or visit the United States Rally Championship website at www.usrallychampionship.com.

-30-

·
Registered
143 Posts
RE: Motorsport Mundial

It had better be absolutly worldwide, so somewhere in the world it will be broadcast at a reasonable time. :p I know someone who will be calling in sick on monday }( !!

·
your other left, you idiot
3,909 Posts
time challenged

Um, Matt-

There are several inventions you might want to check out:

- vcr
- TIVO
- dvr
- dvd recorder

press on,

·
straight at T
2,472 Posts
RE: time challenged

>Um, Matt-
>
>There are several inventions you might want to check out:
>
> - vcr
> - TIVO
> - dvr
> - dvd recorder
>
>press on,
>

I think Matt's point is that the scheduling in North America is not particularly good for picking up casual viewers. Even though it has rally coverage, I don't think I've seen an episode of MM since it moved out of the hours I am typically awake...

Also, 12.30AM on Sunday the 19th would appear to be Le Mans coverage (according to Speed). It shows as 12.30AM Monday the 20th (as well as 7.30AM the same day).

Adrian

·
your other left, you idiot
3,909 Posts
TIVO !!!

That is one reason I love my TIVO.

I have "mundial" plugged in to always record, and it finds them all, so I don't have to worry about finding the scheduled time(s).

Of course, when I plug in "rally", it finds "rally round the house" (some kind of home improvement show) (no Google logic there).

press on,

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
URSC webcast?

John or anyone else,

I asked Rally America if (after the initial airings) their shows and/or unused "footage" will be available via webcasting. Rally America did not respond.

How about NASA; will your shows and/or unused "footage" be available via webcast?

Jens Larsen
Flying Kiwi Racing

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
RE: URSC webcast?

Jens,

Yes, currently the 2004 Ramada Express Rally and 2005 International Cherokee Trails Rally are viewable at http://www.revs.tv/ for about $1.00 per show.

You can purchase credits for 10 different shows including all the USRC and BRC events for $10.00

Also each USRC show will available for purchase on DVD after the showing on Speed.

John K. Shirley
United States Rally Championship.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts

>Yes, currently the 2004 Ramada Express Rally and 2005
>International Cherokee Trails Rally are viewable at
>http://www.revs.tv/ for about $1.00 per show.
>
>You can purchase credits for 10 different shows including all
>the USRC and BRC events for $10.00
>
>Also each USRC show will available for purchase on DVD after
>the showing on Speed.

Thanks for the purchase opportunity John, but (correct me if i'm wrong jens) Jens is also looking for footage that was NOT included in the show.

How about it NASA; will your unused "footage" be available?

·
Registered
1,812 Posts

>Jens is also looking for footage that was NOT
>included in the show.

Yeah, I like that stuff too. People working on their cars, waving to the camera, walking around parc expose, etc, etc.....

·
Registered
1,383 Posts

>John or anyone else,
>
>I asked Rally America if (after the initial airings) their
>shows and/or unused "footage" will be available via
>webcasting. Rally America did not respond.
>
>How about NASA; will your shows and/or unused "footage" be
>available via webcast?
>
>Jens Larsen
>Flying Kiwi Racing

Rally America did respond to your question, they said "they are exploring their options", which means no decisions have been made about it yet.

In your world, Rally is supposed to be some underground kept secret with no marketing, so why do you expect some kind of webcast? Who do you suggest pay for it then?

·
Big Jump 800
716 Posts

Jens,
Sorry I missed your question. We are currently exploring VOD (Video on Demand) as well as DVDs with extended coverage of each event. We have not explored webcast as far as I know, but I'll ask the M360 guys about it and get back to you.

J.B. Niday
www.nidayrallysport.com

·
Registered
1,812 Posts

Morgan,

Lighten up.

>Rally America did respond to your question, they said "they
>are exploring their options", which means no decisions have
>been made about it yet.

I then followed up with a question to see if they might elaborate a bit. It wasn't much to ask. Apparently JB missed my reply on Rally America's site.

>In your world, Rally is supposed to be some underground kept
>secret with no marketing, so why do you expect some kind of
>webcast? Who do you suggest pay for it then?

I'm not expecting anything. I am asking what the plans are.

No one asked you. Go take some photos and chill out.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts

Except you came on here and claimed they did not respond to your question (which reflects badly on RA), when in fact they did, you just were not satisfied with the answer

You have been persistently asking about this webcast thing which completely goes against your stance on rally promotion, (webcast does not happen for free) so I am calling you out on your hypocrisy. What happened to "Rally was just fine before the web or TV"?

·
Registered
1,812 Posts

>Except you came on here and claimed they did not respond to
>your question (which reflects badly on RA), when in fact they
>did, you just were not satisfied with the answer

Oh well let me elaborate. Several months ago on the RA website I asked if they were planning on webcasting. The answer was something like... "we're looking at options". I then asked something like... "Can you give us an slightly more detailed answer? Such as... possible, unlikely, likely." There was no response to that answer. I did not imply RA are bad guys. Get off your high horse.

>You have been persistently asking about this webcast thing
>which completely goes against your stance on rally promotion,
>(webcast does not happen for free) so I am calling you out on
>your hypocrisy. What happened to "Rally was just fine before
>the web or TV"?

Calling me on it? Okay here goes. Rally was better before TV etc., but since it is here and is not going away I'm interested in webcasting. If I had a choice of no coverage, lower fees, no suits, no FIA nonsense, all nighter's, etc., then I wouldn't ask about webcasting. There is no hypocrisy here.

From John's and JB's respective replies it appears they aren't angry with me for asking. If they were I would listen. As for you, I couldn't care less what you think.

I'm done with this pi$$ing contest with you. Mutter to yourself.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts

Jens you could have asked NASA the question without being a dick and slighting RA in the process, especially in light of the fact that JB did answer your question in the other post. It was a completely unnecessary comment on your part

"From John's and JB's respective replies it appears they aren't angry with me for asking. If they were I would listen."

If they were, they would not show it on a public forum

·
Mä meen vittu sinne!
6,058 Posts

Webcam on the back of the RA bus would be an easy $30 start. Not much on it during live updates, but you could see cars pulling in for service and driver's standing looking at scores when their posted.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Yet to be answered: NASA; will your unused "footage" be available?

I asked Roger Allison about this at Cherokee and gave him my reasons, with a reply of "looking into it." I would be grateful for any information on this front.

·
Marketing through Motorsports
1,385 Posts
Unused footage availability

>Yet to be answered: NASA; will your unused "footage" be
>available?

At least the precedent has been set. I was watching the Rim '96 and '98 tapes the other day and at least one of them included the out-takes from the stages.

It gives you an appreciation for the work people do to convert all the raw footage into some sort of coherent story.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts