Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm wondering if anybody has any information on Wes Harman's 1991 Celica, the car is located in Harrisonburg Va.

I've been told that it was built in 1993 by Rhys Millen.

I'm new to rallying and purchased the car through e-bay and am in the process of closing the deal. If anyone has information on the car I would greatly appreciate it.

It was last raced in 2002 at Black River Stages and Sawmill 2002.

Thank you,

Morten

·
Registered
68 Posts
>The cage was updated/replaced at Arrieta Motorsport while
>Wes owned it.

Are they still around? I ran across a website for them a little while back, but it hadn't been updated in years.

·
Faster Mabricator
3,611 Posts
>>The cage was updated/replaced at Arrieta Motorsport while
>>Wes owned it.
>
>Are they still around? I ran across a website for them a
>little while back, but it hadn't been updated in years.

There is a new website, http://www.arrietamotorsport.com/
You visited the old website which is still online too.

Carlos Sr and Belen competed at Rally of the Tall Pines last Novemeber in the Audi. And there are a couple customer rallycars in their shop currently.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
I inspected the car a couple of times. The basic shell and components all looked to be in very good condition. The car was built in the Millen shop, and run only a few times. I believe Wes got it from the rally school on FL, and only ran it once or twice. It did not appear to ever have any damage. It's my opinion that it is a good basic car; I am sure there are things that you will want to change, as on any car. I don't have any specific comments on the present cage, but it was indeed put in by Arrieta's; the original did not meet tubing specs and had no papers to support it as an FIA cage, or an accepted, engineered design. I understand the DMS are just about new.

Mark B.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Hi Morten. I saw that car on eBay and was asking myself the same questions. Congrats on your purchase, and good luck with the car.

-Isaac

·
Faster Mabricator
3,611 Posts
>Do you remember the name of the driving school ?
>
>Is it Ivors ?

European Driving School, yes, Ivor's.

I second Mark's comment about the cage Rhys had and used. Not only was the tubing incorrect, it wasn't fully welded either. How any tech inspector passed it out west, I don't know. Anyway, that is all fixed and proper now.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Hi Morten,

Yes, Ivor'sschool. The only thing that was really bad in the car that Wes found (besides the cage) was the shocks; they were frozen! So he fixed that with the new DMS. I was looking at buying the car myself; my only hesitation was in installing the restrictor and re-tuing the engine. You might want to consult with Burt up in the NJ/PA area; he did a lot of the work on the Bogart's Celica and I think he knows the cars well. I think Wes had a couple of extra ECU chips with the car, and maybe one would work better with the restrictor.

Have fun and be careful! The car has lots of HP, so if you are a beginner, you need to be careful to not get in over your head.

Regards,
Mark B.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts