1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Welds look a bit sketchy in the pics (pics can be deceiving tho)....I'd get your local scrutineer to look at that before you get too far into it.

·
Faster Mabricator
3,611 Posts
Looks familiar. Oh yeah, I also have one in my garage.

Had several as streetcars too. They were tanks. Good luck w/ build and will see you out there.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rally Update, 100 Acre Wood Rally

I have been slow with updating the build but It is now done and the car has finished the 100 Acre Wood Regional Rally.
We did have some issues with a strut coming apart and this slowed us but we pressed on to the finish.
The 034 parts did great, the IIb fuel injection system worked great. We are looking forward to more racing.
Enjoy the pictures.

·
just another old phart
2,258 Posts
It was a nice looking car at the rally, didn't realize it was a new build. Congratulations on finishing your first event.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rally Update, 100 Acre Wood Rally part 2

Here are more pictures.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It was a nice looking car at the rally, didn't realize it was a new build. Congratulations on finishing your first event.
Thanks, We were very happy to finish. The next rally we will work on getting faster and keeping all the parts on.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks

Thanks Richard.
It was fun racing with you. We hope to see you out on stage again when you can use some of that horsepower.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for towing us up that bobsled run. Our tires were spinning but the car kept sliding backwards.
No problem. That was a very icy and steep hill and we were glad to help you get to the finish.
Hope to see you guys at some future races were the roads are a little better.

·
Jason McDaniel
308 Posts
Mickey Thompson Mini Mag tires designed in 1968. None of the car (except the faulty ignition module and safety equipment) was later than 1971 tech. The tires were about as far from snow tires as you could get.

And before anyone chides us on the tire choice, I'll quote the RA rules for Historic class.

11.1. PRINCIPLES
The purpose of Historic Class is to “enable the active celebration of the
History of the Motor Car” in stage rallying in America. The Historic Class
rules are intended to “preserve the specification of (the) period and prevent
the modifications of performance and behaviour which could arise through
the application of modern technology.” Furthermore, “Historic competition is
not simply another formula in which to acquire trophies, it is a discipline
apart, in which one of the essential ingredients is devotion to the cars and to
their history.”

(Quotes taken from Appendix K to the International Sporting Code of the FIA)

·
your other left, you idiot
3,909 Posts
Um, hydrophylic Coopers? (I remember that's about when they came out).

And, by my reading, nothing in there says you need to run 40 year old tires..................

(Nor 40 y.o. gas, nor oil, nor ....)

Mickey Thompson Mini Mag tires designed in 1968. None of the car (except the faulty ignition module and safety equipment) was later than 1971 tech. The tires were about as far from snow tires as you could get.

And before anyone chides us on the tire choice, I'll quote the RA rules for Historic class.
btw - Parps says thanks for the card.

press on,

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Any reason you wouldn't run 1985 or older tech, why 1971? I run an H sticker as well, though I think it's technically a dead over class according to RA. I run old lights and an "older" terratrip 202, motor/ Trans is mid late 80's, most everything else is junkyard GM. That weekend, snow tires were most certainly a safety item. :)

Crap never mind, we're not talking Audi; we're talking insane sewing machine. That thing did permanent damage to my hearing when you whipped by while we were vacationing on the side of 11. :)

1 - 20 of 129 Posts