Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The www.rally-america.com
which planned to be giving us online updates seems to be down right now. On a call to our team at the rally we were told the "Big Yellow Truck" which furnishes the online info was gone to WalMart. We hope WalMart stocks whatever they need to get them back online to furnish their fine reports from the rally.
We also got a very unofficial report that there was an accident between a rally car and a non-rally car after the rally late last night. Dang!

·
Registered
731 Posts
I talked to some folks from out here that I was supposed to tag along with this weekend--I couldn't because of midterms....

The report that I got straight from Eric Schmidt (co driver for the car that was involved in the accident 413 neon) was that he had gotten into the tow vehicle and that another passenger got into the passenger seat of the neon for the trek back to base camp. Apparently (speculative) as the neon was following the tow vehicle at some point Jared(the driver) fell asleep and ended up hitting a "civilian" vehicle driven by a 16yr old head on. The driver of the "civilian" huge ford stationwagon was not hurt badly. The passenger in the neon was bruised up pretty bad by the belts but nothing major. The driver of the neon only had his lap bet on and suffered several broken bones as he colided with the steering wheel etc. Feet, pelvis, forearm(s), probably some ribs, etc....

The car is totaled in front of the fire wall but the cage did not move at all.

I wish them a speedy recovery, they were transported to the hospital in st louis.....

·
Registered
731 Posts
Our cell phone connection means that some of what is above needs to be revised.....

The "civilian" suffered a broken leg

Jared(driver) broken pelvis, forearm, and lots of bruising, concussion(sp)

Brad (passenger) bruising, 20 stitches in tounge, concussion, x-rays indicate taht the feet are not broken....

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A big thanks to the Rally America crew for the online reports from the ClubRally National Championship. I loved being able to follow the action with your reports.
As the rally's own websites seem to leave reporting completely up to you when you are there, I wish you could post results after they become final. The preliminary results from 100AW had errors, as frequently happens. For example, preliminary results show Randy Bailey 17th overall. He was actually 7th overall and won Group 2.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts