Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
your other left, you idiot
Joined
·
3,909 Posts
Now, Alex, WHY would you want to do that?

Inquiring minds want to know.

press on,
 

·
NASA Rally Sport grassroots!!!
Joined
·
2,835 Posts
Depending on how early supps and info was posted/available, I can see last year's route book being a good way to plan for how much fuel, movement plans, etcetera.

Cheers,
Anders
 

·
don't cut
Joined
·
2,252 Posts
>Depending on how early supps and info was posted/available, I
>can see last year's route book being a good way to plan for
>how much fuel, movement plans, etcetera.

FYI, due to the events national status, and the requirements of such, expect the format of the rally to change quite a bit. This mainly is due to things like single services each day and what not. Also, while the rally often uses the same roads from year to year, Kim has a habit of mixing them up, running them different directions, and cutting and pasting them together to form completely different stages. In other words, except for studying small sections of road, last year's books will most likely be useless.

Disclaimer: As a potential competitor, with a potential conflict of interest, I'd like to state that I have no specific advance knowledge of the 100AW course beyond the conjectures stated above, which should be obvious to any student of the event. In other words, Kim isn't telling me anything he won't tell anyone else or that isn't public knowledge.


Dennis Martin
[email protected]
920-432-4845
 

·
Marketing through Motorsports
Joined
·
1,385 Posts
Things you can learn from old books

Recognizing that the specific routes can vary from year to year, studying an old route book, or better yet, stage notes, will help give you a flavor of the event. Lots of corners? How far apart between instructions? Stage descriptions? Number of cautions? Typical schedule? Average transit speeds?

It's all good info, regardless of the specific path chosen for the event.

Well done, Alex, for bringing it to our attention....

May we safely assume that you and Ken are running again in '06?

Rally on!

John
 

·
3/14=my 42nd rally anniversary
Joined
·
3,979 Posts
RE: Things you can learn from old videos

>Lots of corners?
>How far apart between instructions? Stage descriptions?
>Number of cautions? Typical schedule? Average transit
>speeds?
>
>It's all good info, regardless of the specific path chosen for
>the event.
>
>Rally on!
>
>John

Or visit http://realautosport.com/multimedia_downloads.htm for the last of two RealAutoSport/Widget in-car collaborations that yielded videos from most of the roads used for the 2002 Rally in the 100 Acre Wood.

Halley ...
BBBBB (Bring Back Big Bend Bash)
http://www.realautosport.com
 

·
aircooled
Joined
·
1,371 Posts
>As a potential competitor, with a potential
>conflict of interest, I'd like to state that I have no
>specific advance knowledge of the 100AW course beyond the
>conjectures stated above...

Competitor this year? I would much rather see you beating the crap out of your own car. You looked to be having too much fun in Kim's car last year. ;-)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
777 Posts
Dennis needs break open the piggybank and fix that EVO (or get a Subaru) so he can give Utecht a run for the money.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top