Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are changing up the date for the rally next year to March 18-19. It's been at the end of Feb. for the past 14 years, but was run in March back in the old days of the late 70's. While we've had some nice 50-ish degree days over the years, the big snow and ice storms in 2 of the last 3 years was just one reason to move it. Also hoping to give the midwest competitors some more time between us and Sno Drift so you can do both.

And fyi for anyone who stayed at the Walnut Motel in Salem, it is now closed for good, so fewer rooms in Salem now :( Call the Ranch asap if you want one there. Plus all the usual spots as listed on the website. http://www.100aw.org/

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Instead of the Volvo or in addition??
March in MO is probably like going to Mexico for Yoopers ;)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Can't imagine a better way to spend my birthday weekend than driving in my second 100AW. Hoping that next year makes up for the horrible experience that was my first rally at 100AW 2015.

·
Registered
141 Posts
We are changing up the date for the rally next year to March 18-19. It's been at the end of Feb. for the past 14 years, but was run in March back in the old days of the late 70's. While we've had some nice 50-ish degree days over the years, the big snow and ice storms in 2 of the last 3 years was just one reason to move it. Also hoping to give the midwest competitors some more time between us and Sno Drift so you can do both.

And fyi for anyone who stayed at the Walnut Motel in Salem, it is now closed for good, so fewer rooms in Salem now :( Call the Ranch asap if you want one there. Plus all the usual spots as listed on the website. http://www.100aw.org/
Any chance it could be single service location per day like some other rallies? I know that duel service locations in one day can make it really hard on teams coming from out of state with little to no crew.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
In case you didn't see it, competitor registration is open.
Volunteer Reg. is also open and we need lots of those as always.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts