Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The room mentioned in the 'available rooms for STPR' thread is open for Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights. It's an upstairs double, queen beds, non-smoking at the Penn Wells Lodge. Not exactly inexpensive (can't remember what we paid last year), but definitely worth it. We'd really prefer not to cancel it, so let me know if you need it.

First serious reply gets it. We can settle details off-list later.

Dave B.

·
Registered
104 Posts
As I understand it, the Lodge has a long waiting list. Is it possible to bypass the list and transfer a room to a particular individual? I am planning on canceling my reservations (for Fri & Sat) and would prefer to give the room a Specialstage subscriber but want it completely out of my name.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sandman wrote:

>As I understand it, the Lodge has a long waiting list. Is it
>possible to bypass the list and transfer a room to a
>particular individual? I am planning on canceling my
>reservations (for Fri & Sat) and would prefer to give the
>room a Specialstage subscriber but want it completely out of
>my name.

From my experience with Penn Wells, you should be able to do this. The only catch will be the confirmation by credit card. If you can do conference calling, it shouldn't be a problem. In any case, first find the individual who wants the room. Next, you should call the desk at the Lodge and tell them you can't make it, but you want to keep the room for your friend (insert name here). If he/she is on the line, you just have him/her give the desk the new credit card number. If you can't conference, you will either have to have the new person's credit card number or you can tell the desk that the new person will call immediately after your call to confirm the switch. (I've never tried this, but it should work....)

The folks at Penn Wells have been dealing with us rally-types for so many years that they seem to be used to whatever strange requests we might come up with.

If you want to transfer the room, but keep your reservation for next year; be sure to tell the person at the desk. They've always been more than helpful in keeping our reservations secured year-to-year.

Good luck with the transfer.... and sorry we won't see you there this year!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.