Special Stage Forums banner

Lake Superior Performance Rally dates are set ! 2 Day Event !

43K views 224 replies 50 participants last post by  U.P.Evo8 
#1 · (Edited)
Spoke with Dean today and he said this was available for sharing...

WHAT: LSPR 2011

Dates: October 14-16 , 2011

Other: 2 Day event

HQ: Country Inn and Suites Roazorback Drive Houghton ( Same as last year )

FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=176439735756444

#3 ·
Hmmm...

I thought that the LSPR regionals counted toward the *next* year's regional standings in 2010 (the 2010 event counted toward 2011).

The RA site seems to say that LSPR 2011 counts toward the 2011 regional championship and that it is the 2011 Regional Rally Championship event!

Can anyone shed more light on that? What exactly is a Regional Rally Championship event?

#4 ·
RC-RA Regional Rally Championship

RC/RA takes the top two or three regional teams in each class from the three regions and invites them to a final, LSPR for the runoffs for the 2011 season. They then crown a champ in each class.

LSPR that ran in 2010 was included in the 2011 season.

So this year LSPR is a tofor, The end event for 2011, but the start of 2012.

So we have a two day event with a Coed 3 Fri and a Coef 2 Sat for the start of 2012.

But also a one big two day format score over two days event Championship for the 2011 season.

Go to RC/RA site, look at the regions page, and the cendiv dropdown and LSPR will be there.

Hope this explains the format.

Dean R.
Co-Chair
LSPR

#5 ·
Thanks Dean, that's EXTREMELY helpful!

I co-drive in an Open Light car that I assume will be invited (from the Eastern Region). Only the invited cars will be competing for the Regional Championship no matter how many OL cars enter?

Jared

#21 ·
Um, actually it's from a friend of mine who used to go deer "hunting" but the drinking and card playing got in the way of hunting. For a number of years, they didn't even take their guns. Then, they started going the week before November 15th so they wouldn't get in the way of the real hunters.

They dubbed the occasion "deer drinking".

ymmv

No, Deer drinking form Red Dawn.

Wolverines!!!!
press on,

#27 ·
LSPR

Hello All,
I just got back from Virginia relocating a daughter and was welcomed by an earthquake and pushed out of town ahead of a hurry cane,

Anyway, LSPR 2011,

I have given JB at RC/RA info to post to have reg open up, I have a draft of the supps and the day to day schedule ready to post.

We are a two day event with everything starting thursday Oct 13, 2011.
Racing on Fri the 14th and the 15th Sat. FCD back to Houghton approx. 6:30pm.

We are listed in the RA web site under the 2012 Event, not the Cendiv drop down.

Look at our web site in the next week or so for updates.

We are expecting a great event, great roads, some new stages not used in many years so something for everyone.

Later,

Dean R.
LSPR 2011
Co-Chair

#30 · (Edited)
What I remember most about the (eastern) Hurons was every third instruction was "broken culvert !!!" . Every second was "water over road !!!". The Hurons haven't been run since notes became common. If we return, bring your Big Boy skid plate. Make sure it's well secured.
As I remember, several of the roads were controlled by the DNR ( or what ever we're calling them this year) and permissions were difficult.

#32 ·
LSPR 2011 registration is now open, go to RC/RA then to regional events, lower right to 2012 events, you will find LSPR, Ottowa Forest rally and Lac Vieux rally, start your engines and sign up, please pass on to others.

Supps, should be up on web site next week.

Dean R.
LSPR 2011
Co-Chair

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.