New rallycrosser from Texas, y'all.

Thread: New rallycrosser from Texas, y'all.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default New rallycrosser from Texas, y'all.

Ran my first event earlier this month and I want more! Driving fast on dirt is so much more fun when you don't have to worry about cops or cows getting in your way.
    Driving a mostly stock corolla matrix 5 speed with polyurethane everything a centerpiece clutch and chromoly flywheel.
    I look forward to the insights on suspension tuning guidelines. Kind of burnt out on the "more stiff is more better" advice from most coilover marketers selling junk for slammed stancemobiles.

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

200 square left

Quote Originally Posted by Driver11 View Post
    Ran my first event earlier this month and I want more! Driving fast on dirt is so much more fun when you don't have to worry about cops or cows getting in your way.
    Driving a mostly stock corolla matrix 5 speed with polyurethane everything a centerpiece clutch and chromoly flywheel.
    I look forward to the insights on suspension tuning guidelines. Kind of burnt out on the "more stiff is more better" advice from most coilover marketers selling junk for slammed stancemobiles.

If your stock suspension is in good shape with functioning shocks and you are not bottoming out then...as far as aftermarket suspension(including coilovers) my advice to you is DON"T change your suspension.

In a dirt parking lot or field it will do virtually NOTHING for you.

You could easily blow the bux on the suspension and another guy with the same stock car as you(or similarish)with some seat time will still absolutely WAX your ass.

Assuming you are not running a vehicle that just has horrendous handling or massive weight,racing a car in a dirt parking lot is WAY MORE driver over car.

If there are no problems with the car,take a school,if one is available in your area,and try not to miss a rallyx.

Doing this helped me greatly,way more than any performance or suspension mod could do.

Since you are FWD,if your class allows it,try disconnecting and tieing up your front sway bar.

This is one free mod in a fwd car that can help greatly. Traction, especially in the tighter stuff is so much better.

And if you don't like it,hook it back up.
    .................................................. .....................

Support your Local North American Rally Forum!!

While they are still around-and get the hell off Farsebook!!

We still have Specialstage & RallyAnarchy.

Post up Here:

https://rallyanarchy.com/phorum/posting.php

and here:

https://www.specialstage.com/forums/forum.php

My right rear was leaking fluid but it stopped so that's cool. My left front seems toast. I at the very least need struts. A local business with credit at a purveyor of autocross parts is going so sponsor me a set of Coilovers from BC. I can ask for any spring rate I want and have it valved to correspond. I will eventually buy bilstein internals for them and I want to learn to do my own rebuilding/revolving. No one near me does this and I think it will be fun to learn.
    I know it's not necessary to compete or even succeed, I just want to learn this.
    I really hope the rally cross events dont get cancelled because of virus concerns.

200 square left

Quote Originally Posted by Driver11 View Post
    My right rear was leaking fluid but it stopped so that's cool. My left front seems toast. I at the very least need struts. A local business with credit at a purveyor of autocross parts is going so sponsor me a set of Coilovers from BC. I can ask for any spring rate I want and have it valved to correspond. I will eventually buy bilstein internals for them and I want to learn to do my own rebuilding/revolving. No one near me does this and I think it will be fun to learn.
    I know it's not necessary to compete or even succeed, I just want to learn this.
    I really hope the rally cross events dont get cancelled because of virus concerns.

If you are sponsored have at it then-I would!

Just checked my next local rallyx event and it is cancelled. saw some of my local autoxes cancelled too.

Unfortunately you should expect that. Hopefully everything can recover.
    .................................................. .....................

Support your Local North American Rally Forum!!

While they are still around-and get the hell off Farsebook!!

We still have Specialstage & RallyAnarchy.

Post up Here:

https://rallyanarchy.com/phorum/posting.php

and here:

https://www.specialstage.com/forums/forum.php