Hi from Massachusetts

Thread: Hi from Massachusetts

Default Hi from Massachusetts

Hey All,

I'm really looking forward to getting into stage rally. I've been doing track days (mainly with PCA, SCCA and NASA) and road racing (SCCA spec miata) for a while now and I've always wanted to get on some loose surfaces! I just bought myself an '06 Impreza, and I'd love recommendations for first mods to help keep the car alive during some rallyx, I've also got a Tacoma (tow vehicle) and my road race car ('02 Miata, green with orange details, #6). I look forward to getting to know my way around here.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

200 square left

Quote Originally Posted by Olivercx54 View Post
    Hey All,

I'm really looking forward to getting into stage rally. I've been doing track days (mainly with PCA, SCCA and NASA) and road racing (SCCA spec miata) for a while now and I've always wanted to get on some loose surfaces! I just bought myself an '06 Impreza, and I'd love recommendations for first mods to help keep the car alive during some rallyx, I've also got a Tacoma (tow vehicle) and my road race car ('02 Miata, green with orange details, #6). I look forward to getting to know my way around here.
    Howdy!

Missed this post earlier.

As far as rallyx,make sure your dampers are functional,battery is strapped down tight, and cooling system is up to snuff.

Tires too obviously-which type you run depends on classing in your area.

I took others advice and kept the 195/60/15 winterforce snow tires that I ran at 40lbs psi to prevent debeading and never debeaded the entire season while winning my SCCA championship.

Might try tubes and lower pressure if I ever rallyx again.

I've been dormant as far as racing lately but since my son got his license a year ago I bought him a car control clinic class and next day autox for his birthday in his DD. Running Last month with the Porsche club.

We both shared his DD for the autox and it was fun...

Trying to save bucks now mostly.....stage rally is the goal.
    .................................................. .....................

Support your Local North American Rally Forum!!

While they are still around-and get the hell off Farsebook!!

We still have Specialstage & RallyAnarchy.

Post up Here:

https://rallyanarchy.com/phorum/posting.php

and here:

https://www.specialstage.com/forums/forum.php