Is RWD stage rally dead?

Thread: Is RWD stage rally dead?

Default Is RWD stage rally dead?

Hello, I’m a beginner Rallycrosser in the modified RWD category and have been loving it. I’ve been looking at results of stage rally events on the west coast such as the California series, Prescott, ect. And I seen pretty much no entrants in a RWD vehicle. Why is that? Are drivers aiming more for an overall win so they don’t bother?

From what I’ve been thinking it seems like stage rally in the stages is a declining sport just from observations. Wouldn’t an exciting and relatable Rwd class be something to bring more eyes to the sport wether it’s social media and/or in person?

Just some thoughts I’ve had

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Evans View Post
    Hello, Iím a beginner Rallycrosser in the modified RWD category and have been loving it. Iíve been looking at results of stage rally events on the west coast such as the California series, Prescott, ect. And I seen pretty much no entrants in a RWD vehicle. Why is that? Are drivers aiming more for an overall win so they donít bother?

From what Iíve been thinking it seems like stage rally in the stages is a declining sport just from observations. Wouldnít an exciting and relatable Rwd class be something to bring more eyes to the sport wether itís social media and/or in person?

Just some thoughts Iíve had
    There's just less suitable rwd cars now days, and generally fwd is easier to drive fast with all other things equal. I'm east coast, and usually there are at least a couple rwd entries where I've been.

Stage rally just isn't that popular in the US. Or at least, people who do it only do a couple events and then disappear. Blame what you want to, there are plenty of theories out there.

I'm building a rwd car because I'm in it for fun.

200 square left

^^^What he said.

Not dead but pretty quiet.

In somewhat recent west coast rally’s there have been a Mustang or two, a few BMWs ,a few Volvo 240s, Xr’s among others.
    Pick ups too of course.

They are out there.

Just not in nearly the numbers of FWD cars.
    .................................................. .....................

Support your Local North American Rally Forum!!

While they are still around-and get the hell off Farsebook!!

We still have Specialstage & RallyAnarchy.

Post up Here:

https://rallyanarchy.com/phorum/posting.php

and here:

https://www.specialstage.com/forums/forum.php

5. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

100 K left 2

Also older Subarus are cheap and only RWD if you make them that way. But why loose the AWD if you have it already unless you want to win the class