Looking for a starter car !
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a starter car !

Default Looking for a starter car !

Sold the Evo and now looking for a great novice starter car(non-turbo 2wd).Car needs to have updated roll cage.
    Budget is $12,000 . I do have a bigger budget but this is what I want to spend on a car for now.

I would like to get a car that can do stage rally, autocross, and road racing. Need to be on the cheaper side to run. So for a Honda would be great for this. Let me know what y'all think. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by codylop; 11-08-2017 at 06:39 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

100 K left 2

Default Re Race Car Wanted

Take a look at my just listed Race Car in Rally Cars for sale, Best Regards. Wayne

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by codylop View Post
    Sold the Evo and now looking for a great novice starter car(non-turbo 2wd).
    too bad You're looking for non turbo

5. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

I'm using the logic that less moving parts mean cheaper to run and repair. I'm a novice and want to race in Rally America so I need to get a car I can race with them.

It's a good thought! Plus depending on the sanctioning body (Rally America especially), you wouldn't be able to run a turbo car as a novice.

There's a great starter car for sale on the Facebook "North American Rally (FS/FTWTB)" page from Mike Halley in OK. A VR6 MkIII Jetta for $5000 that is a well built and maintained car. Request to join and take a look.

$12,000 will get you a very well prepped 2wd car (I think there was an ex-factory Mazda running around somewhere for close to that with a lot of spares, VERY nice car). The Multi-use Rally/Autox/ Road race doesn't necessarily make sense as a rally car would not do very well on a road course unless you had completely separate suspension setups.
    Last edited by dunhamr1; 11-15-2017 at 08:29 AM.
    Good place to get started: Rally University

Oof, it was a bit more for that Mazda, but it's a heck of a car from what I can tell. $15k for the car $17,500 with extensive spares.

I would prefer the jetta but the cage being out dated and grandfather in scares me. What if Rally America changes the rule book for next year or the year after that and I will need the cage to be up to date. That would cost me alot of money.
    I can do everything on a car besides a cage, so fixing the jetta would be easy and the car is 8 hrs from me. I could go get it.

The multi purpose race car idea is so I can use it more then just one event a year. Being in Louisiana autocross and road racing is easier to get to. The Mazda is setup nice but the Honda with the k20 in the Classifies on this website is a better buy. Thanks

For your budget, you could get the Jetta and do the cage updates and not have to worry about it.

The Honda looks like a nice car as well, been around a while because a 12k+ 2wd car is a hard sell for most folks. There's a few good options out there, and there's usually a few more that pop up at the end of the year as people look to upgrade or their partners yell at them to get that thing out of the garage.

Multi-purpose is good, and would be fun, just making sure you're not expecting to be super competitive in all things with one car (Unless you're Lars Wolfe, look up the Multipurpose Racer 2.0. It's a Nissan juke that the guy is doing rally, road racing, drifting, etc. I don't get it but I guess when you have money...)

100 K left 2

Hi I may have just the thing for you. 2014 Chevy sonic with a host of spares, it is seam welded, custom cages from UK,
    coil overs, give me a call 352 233 8821.EST. $10k or $12k with spare shell.

I believe we had talked before.

Last edited by codylop; 11-16-2017 at 04:07 PM.