Special Stage Forums banner

Which for beginner rallycross: Miata or MK1 MR2?

• Miata

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MR2

Votes: 0 0.0%

Miata vs MK1 MR2

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  DanielSL 
#1 ·
I need some help, and I will be posting this on a few different threads, seeing how some haven't had a poster on them in over a year...

I am a high school senior and went to Team O'Neil's Rally School last summer and caught the rally bug. As of right now, rallycross seems like the cheapest way to go. There are two cars for sale near me locally, a 1986 Toyota MK1 MR2, and a NA Miata. I already have a daily driver, so practicallity is not really an issue, but I would prefer to be able to drive to and from the rallycross, and not need a trailer/dolly. I have not been able to get a close look at either car yet, so I know rust might be an issue. All that I really care about is how cheap parts will be, what will be the most reliable, and what will be the most competitive in the NER rallycross.

Bottom line is that any insight will be greatly appreciated, and all are welcome to throw in their two cents on this one.

Thank you all!

#2 ·
Posted in your other thread. Still, welcome aboard. Good to have someone new that is so eager. I was born in Boston and raised in N.H. After years of competing in NER SCCA, I can tell you they are a great region, full of events. Great sportsmanship. If you want to get into track days, track attacks, and time trials, check out the COMSCC as well. They are an amazing group of people as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.