New Member in Austin, TX

Thread: New Member in Austin, TX

100 K left 2

Cool New Member in Austin, TX

Hello everyone my name is Derrick and I am a rally junky.

Ok so I am a X US Army Grunt who has been obsessed with rally since I was a young teen. I got out of the army last year and I work as a full time graphic and web designer while I finish getting my paper for a job I have been doing for years (aka I am finally getting my degree because it looks good on a resume). I have attended Dirtfish's half course while I was still in the army. I am currently located in no man's rally land in Austin, TX. Now that I have more free time I plan on starting in the local Rallycross events with hopes of getting the money one day of doing stage rally. Yes I understand that money will not be coming from rallycross so no need to say it.

I use to do track racing and a little drift some years ago when I lived in Hawaii. Besides that and the rally class I took I have only virtual racing experience. I am looking into attending a full rally course sometime in 2017 so that I can get my full coefficient points.

So yeah thats me in a nutshell. If any teams, races, or orgs need any help with websites or graphics please feel free to hit me up, depending on what you need done and my current schedule I might do the work pro bono.

Also if anyone is in the Austin area hit me up we can have some WRC watch parties or something.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

Call Dave at Rally Ready there in Austin. His web site is www.rallyready.com

Also Brad Fast is in that part of the world on weekends.

As long as you're not running a turbo car (in Rally America and ARA) you don't need coefficients. NASA allows you to use a turbo car from the get-go, and if you stay on the road that can also count for coefficients.

Yeah, unfortunately Texas is the black hole of rally in the US (besides Rally Ready). Rallycross events happen in San Marcos at Brianne Corn's place, a good little course and lots of regulars. There are a few teams in the area though, you might be able to snag a ride with them on the way to a stage rally events such as 100 Acre Wood.

Check out the link in my signature to Rally University, there's a couple differences with rally here in the US vs the WRC. Answers to many questions there.

Welcome to the forum!
    Good place to get started: Rally University

5. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

100 K left 2

Yeah rally ready was my next stop since they are local. I tried to get to the corn field when I was still in but the army has magic powers of screwing up people's schedules.

Also rally ready said they had a rallycross series but I am not sure if that is done and gone or what.

Does anyone have contact info for the rally x in the corn field? There facebook page looks dead.

Brianne Corn (the woman who runs it) runs Brianne Corn Raceway, and they're having a rallycross THIS weekend (despite the possibility of rain). You should try to make it out there. Activity associated with her track is active on the Lone Star Rallycross Facebook page, follow the link to check it out.

Hopefully you can make it out there, they have a rallycross every month unless they get inclement weather. They haven't posted next year's schedule, but keep an eye out: http://www.lonestarrallycross.com/
    Good place to get started: Rally University