Rally Notes / Learning and Deciphering

Thread: Rally Notes / Learning and Deciphering

100 K right 2

Default Rally Notes / Learning and Deciphering

After Rally Cross, I plan on entering a few RallySprint events. At that level, thet start to use rally notes, and the stage notes. I will be running with my step son as co-driver, so I would like to learn with him, and be able to help him.

Unfortunately, I know nothing about these, and have only seen a few youtube videos on how they are written and interpreted.

Does anyone have a good source, in print or video, on how these notes are interpreted and deciphered?

I have seen from the forums that there are more than one accepted format, and different drivers use different styles. Which only makes it more confusing.

Thanks, ahead of time.
    Because Racecar...

The first rule of Racecar, is that we do not talk about Racecar.

"Absolutely Not! No. Rally racing is a back alley sport, filled with jackals, headhunters, and thugs." - Pops Racer.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

your other left, you idiot

Welcome to the looney bin.

Most of what is used in the U.S. and Canada is either Jemba or a variant thereof. See this or Google Jemba, http://www.jemba.se/notesUSA.htm

You could also do much worse than reading Mark Williams' book, http://www.rallycodriver.com/

Remember, have fun.

Come to an event, volunteer as worker and/or crew, BEFORE you venture out on stage.

press on,
    just a poor, dumb, Michigan(now Wisconsin) navie
    KC8YHT
    jimmy

100 K right 2

Thanks, Jimmy. This is exactly what I was looking for. I appreciate it. Will definitely order that book.

Sadly, being in South Florida, the only Rally even close enough to be worth going to will be the one in Carolina. For me to make that type of drive, I may only go up once before trying my hand at it. That is the main reason behind me doing the Sprints. There is just no rally action in the SouthEast, to make it worth moving beyond that level.
    Because Racecar...

"Absolutely Not! No. Rally racing is a back alley sport, filled with jackals, headhunters, and thugs." - Pops Racer.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

this team puts up videos with stage note you cn follow along.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/frograc...f_id=1&sort=dd

100 K right 2

Cool. Thanks.
    Because Racecar...