Las Vegas Drifter looking to get into rally - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Las Vegas Drifter looking to get into rally

I turned on that PM function, I didn't know it was off. I'll definitely check out events later in the fall around here especially Prescott and I believe there's one at Ridgecrest as well. With the event being held at Jean which will be my home rally event I'll definitely try to crew and get some contacts with the scrutineer.

Also @John V. I'm not trying to make a career out of it at all and I have weighed the pros of going to a similar chassis. Dirt fish has a new 2wd and 4wd program so I'm definitely going to see how both feel on the dirt. The biggest thing is I'm going to be participating in two motorsports so going 2wd I think would definitely mean less parts to break. Plus sliding around may not be the fastest way but it is the most fun .

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

After looking at the ohprg site the whole season looks like events within 3 hours to me other than maybe one or two. That definitely looks like the series I would run. after looking at the classes there are a rally limited 2wd and a limited 4wd. I'll do my research and see if I can find something up to date with the current tech rules while attending those events. Thanks everyone for the info and advice!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Evans View Post
    I turned on that PM function, I didn't know it was off. I'll definitely check out events later in the fall around here especially Prescott and I believe there's one at Ridgecrest as well. With the event being held at Jean which will be my home rally event I'll definitely try to crew and get some contacts with the scrutineer.
    The PMs start out off for new members, and we have to go in and turn it on. Let me know if you end up going to the one in Prescott, it was my first event last year and I'll definitely be back!
    Good place to get started: Rally University

5. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

400 flat to crest
    2007 S.126th ST. Seattle, WA. 98168, USA.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Evans View Post
    The biggest thing is I'm going to be participating in two motorsports so going 2wd I think would definitely mean less parts to break. Plus sliding around may not be the fastest way but it is the most fun .
    And as you know from the Nissan 240 there are ways to upgrade highly stressed things like the entire rear diff. Say you start with an R180---well hell, we just shove a R200 or a R210 in..----halfshafts? Maybe from a whatever...
    Can't easily do that with FWD. The gearbox it came with is the gearbox for THAT CAR...first step up costs several thousand.
    Next step costs $15,000..

That's bullshit.. Ain't worth it.
    So for more fun for less dollars in what is most definitely just for fun.. RWD.

Like virtually everybody who has experience and has done the turbo 4wd thing eventually decides to build..

For you who has already good experience in getting silly sideways, seriously I would skip the Dirtfish or O'neill thing.
    You already know what to do...no point in pissing away a lotta dough to figure that out.
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle, WA, USA
    www.rallyrace.net/jvab
    www.rallyanarchy.com

Telephone +1 206 431 9696
    Rememeber the time zone difference

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat