Special Stage Forums banner

Hi from Spokane Washington

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  John Vanlandingham 
#1 ·
My name is Anthony and I live and work in North East Washington I work way out in the woods as a logger as a skidder operator I always loved rally cars and outdoor stuff from 8years old to 17 I raced dirt bike's and from 13years old to 20 I raced snowmobiles and do little dirt track racing im very interested in rally racing and trying to find a built logbooked ready to race fwd rally car was thinking on building my own but I think I rather get one that's fully ready and maybe after start building My own car I am up for schooling from some the guys around the forums if you can help be nice but I know how forums work if you are going to knit pick just pass me up thanks

Anthony Jones

#2 ·
If you learned anything from riding and racing dirt bikes it SHOULD have been a lesson about a) good suspension, b) brakes, d) weight transfer and e) the vital role gearing in both gearbox but especially short final drive plays in the who way the vehicle goes...

Were any of those dirt bikes you raced FWD?

The role of final drive somehow got lost in the rally world here in 'Merikuh about sometime when the inter-net became the primary source of THE TRUTH..

Cause way back in the mid 80s, when 75% of all the cars were RWD, everybody scrambled around to scare up short final drives...My first rally box had 5.83 final drive. I supplied many 4.88 sets to guys with 13" wheels...

Then suddenly its no longer important according to all the salty ol' sea dog keyboard heroes..

Imagine what one of your old dirt bikes would have gone down the track with a 17T counter and 43 rear sprocket.

If you have been reading/talking to people saying there is some intrinsic advantage or sensible reason to choose FWD over RWD, then you have been talking to people without a secure grip on reality who are repeating internet "lore" because they are full of shit, are conventional, conservative and probably authoritarian followers.
In short good wholesome Merikuh consumers. And since I started more and more people, especially HERE, are just that.

You're PNW, get on over to the forum that was founded a few feet from this desk and intended to be a place for non-consumer-oid minded people who want to look at rally as FUN--and who know its the driving the car that's the center of that fun---even if its not a rally. go to www.rallyanarchy.com and look at all the build journals old and ongoing...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.