Special Stage Forums banner

RallyX at the FIRM: May 28th. ONLY $125

5K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  redhawkaerial 
#1 ·
Vehicle Tire Car Wheel Automotive tire

ONLY $125

RallyX at The FIRM is a new off road racing series that will consist of timed race laps on a 80/20 off-road to tarmac race course. The drivers have to navigate through a challenging course to compete for the quickest lap times which means fast driving and plenty of sideways sliding. The lap times are added up at the end of the day for a total time and those times are what decide the results. The course will use dirt roads and sections of our professional road course to add up to around 2.3 mile race circuit. Each lap is usually around 3 minutes which gives the drivers plenty of time to push their skills to the test.

Same rule and regulations as SCCA RallyX. We will be doing 6 timed runs. The classes are:
Modified AWD
Stock AWD
Modified FWD
Stock FWD
Modified RWD
Stock RWD

Go Register at: http://gorally.com/store/#!/Rally-Cross-Entry/c/11055011/offset=0&sort=normal

See less See more
#3 ·
I thought rally-crosses were supposed to be cheap low cost fun events with entry fees like $35-$45...

The couple or 3 I went to more were more or less right around there...

So is this just more ratcheting up the entry fee step by inevitable step?

How many minutes total "seat time" does this get you?

#5 ·
Based on the length and average time appears to be a 46 mph average speed for the average driver meaning the fast guys and gals will be averaging over 50 mph. Much faster than the scca guidelines for a rallycross and with the length at 2.3 miles, doubt the full course can be seen from one location. Since there is almost no information on the website regarding cages, insurance, sanctioning body, schedule, rules, etc. and was supposed to be starting last fall so runs are in the cooler season. Doubt they can run the 6 in the series they do talk about so how about more than the extremely small amount of information for people spending $125!!

From my POV, looks more like a rallysprint and with the speeds mentioned will be surprised if street cars are allowed and cages not allowed?? So John, extremely difficult to figure out what they are doing and if $125 is reasonable or not but, leaning toward it really being a rallysprint with tarmac and not a typical US rallycross.

#4 ·
Each lap is usually around 3 minutes which gives the drivers plenty of time to push their skills to the test.

Same rule and regulations as SCCA RallyX. We will be doing 6 timed runs.
I'd kill for a 3 minute run!

In the year-and-a-half I've been around NER we seem to average 8 - 1 minute runs for around $60. So 8 minutes for $60 vs 18 minutes for $125...

But I'd have no problem paying more for a more substantial course.

#6 ·
Yes, it does seem to be more like a rallysprint. I like it though. I think rallycross is too slow anyway. Rallycross is great fun for about $50, but I would pay more for a bit more excitement. Not needing a roll cage for this is another good thing. If you are thinking about doing stage rally after rallycross, this would be a great intermediate step. Always nice to see a new event pop up!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.