Special Stage Forums banner

Hello from SE Michigan!

980 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  John Vanlandingham 
#1 ·
Hello, my name is Shanti. I am currently in my 3rd year at Kettering University and do my co-op at Bosch in the chassis control division working with application engineers at a test track. Last fall, my buddy and I bought Scott and Joel Sanford's old E30 rally car that they crashed into a tree. We also got a rolling chassis with it. We are currently working on building a new rally car and will hopefully be racing by this fall. At the a latest we want to be ready for Sno*Drift in 2017. I grew up in Gaylord, MI and did plenty of "rallying" late at night on gravel roads. When I found out this was an actual sport, I knew I had to do it. Thanks in advance for all of the help everyone in this community will provide to help me attain this goal!

#2 ·
Not every day you meet a guy named Shanti. So I'll say what I said to the last one--who was Spanish.
"Like, Namaste, dooood".

Dang you're just down the road from a couple other guys...All y'all ought to meet up.
Wanna meet other RWD loons who are local---well in Midland but that ain't far..
Pretty good guys, no BS, straight talking..no normal Midwest backstabbing/friendly front stuff ( I asked both of the---cause it seems there is this thing out there--seems cause I've seen it FREQUENTLY---and they both said "Oh yeah..One even burst out giggle and shouted out to his wife "Oh honey is there a sorta friendly to your face but talk really vile BS behind the back "thing" out here? OOOOooh yeah.")
Both are also analytical and reasonable..and realistic about budgets.
Wanna maybe speak with them?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.