Special Stage Forums banner

Subaru outback h6 3.0

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Anders Green 
#1 ·
I recently purchased a 2002 Subaru outback sedan with the h6 3.0 engine for use as a daily driver/rally car. I'm probab r r going reserved 22r333ly not going to be competing in events with it because in order to win said events I have to ditch the daily aspect of it, but it will certainly be getting some rally mods just to make it a ton of fun to drive both on the street and in the dirt.

Sadly the h6 3.0 has almost zero performance mods except for a supercharger(what even) and since the car also came with a flat four a swap will definitely be in order in the future.

Does anybody know of any other modifications I can make to the car? So far I've only put mudflaps on it but I'm saving up for a lightbar, some Hellas, skidplate, momo sti wheel, and a couple other small things. I want to get a roof scoop but it has a sunroof which sucks because it ruins the look and it doesn't even work.

I hate to be a poser and just put appearance parts on but there's not much else I can do until I can get a decent motor and trans in there(the trans is a total sloshbox and they don't even make a manual for my engine, yuck) so I'm trying to make the best of what I've got.

#2 ·
The rules appy to most gas engines:
CCC
Compression
Camshaft
Carburation---well used to..
But you get the idea.

If you were over on the forum where people actually detail what they build---it was founded primarily for that reason---I could suggest you contact a generally nice guy over in I da Hoe who did this already in his car..
And bought suspension for me.
And went pretty damn good---till he flipped it nose to tail a coupla of times.

I think the name of the phorum is in my signature.

#4 ·
Will it bolt on though? I've heard they don't make a manual that will fit that engine, maybe there's an adapter. I definitely would because really the engine makes plenty of torque and power it's just the auto trans that ruins it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.