Hello from Watertown, NY/Fairbanks, AK - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello from Watertown, NY/Fairbanks, AK

400 flat to crest
    2007 S.126th ST. Seattle, WA. 98168, USA.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    As Ryan pointed out, jvl does not speak for all of us or even the great majority. Although he occasionally drops some good points, I fear that is just proving the old statement that even a blind pig can find an acorn or 2.

Alaska region of the SCCA does put on road rallies. These can help a driver and co-driver get used to the communication needed between themselves. They also have Solo events.
    That's right..Miller is the arch-typical SCCA sort...never ever hit 45mph on a stage, been around passing pithy aphorisms fore long than anybody can remember.,. If anybody represents "The Party Line" its Miller..
    A veritable treasure trove of the same adive they have for more than 40 years that has led to US rally being smaller now, less entries, few events, shorter mile than 30 years ago. Led to the phenomenon that Ander's Green (one of the good guys and a thinker who like to put numbers to things) observed looking at every person who ebntered a rally in America between 2000 and 2014 where he found a shocking 43% of all those entries did 3 events then dropped out never to be seen again---and 27% doing one event then gone...
    So yeah i don't represent the views of the majority who just repeat the same old tired sloganeering, who are not shocked at the failure to grow, not shocked at the loss of noobs after just 3 events, and who are smug because they've puttered down stages about the same speed that TSD guys do.

I represent those who know that the foundation has been paper thin forever and

that the same brilliant ideas of "If we just got a WRC event/TV stars/ 15 year past their prime euro guys/washed up X-Games guys who played on childrens bikes or skateboards (pick any) then that'll get us on Tee Vee and then the sponsorship dollars will begin to flow like a river" has been tried and failed and really would only benefit those with a pre-existing publicity machine anyway...

Just look at the absolute shambles that is Rally America Inc, especially shameful in light of all their big talk about "Professionalism" and "all the millions that our video productions will be able to leverage".
    What hosrseshit.. Same as its ever been.

I stand for not glory but good brainless affordable fun..
    If its more fun its good..if it is affordable and sustainable...
    2 classes; 2wd and 4wd----and score 4wd only for "manufacturer Championship" points.

Status quo or go back and build the sport anew with concentration on the foundation.
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle, WA, USA
    www.rallyrace.net/jvab
    www.rallyanarchy.com

Telephone +1 206 431 9696
    Rememeber the time zone difference

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

So john, how many rallies have you organized? None. How much of your own money have you spent so others can rally? None. How many words have you spewed insulting people who do put on rallies? I can't count that high. john you don't represent any one except your self. You make money from rally because you sell parts for people to put on their rally cars. There is nothing wrong with having good capitalist ambitions but at least admit it.

400 flat to crest

So john, how many rallies have you organized? None. How much of your own money have you spent so others can rally? None. How many words have you spewed insulting people who do put on rallies? I can't count that high. john you don't represent any one except your self. You make money from rally because you sell parts for people to put on their rally cars. There is nothing wrong with having good capitalist ambitions but at least admit it.

Do they allow you to lie and slander with total impunity? You were banned on the only other US rally site for that very reason---that and the shotgun email you sent to everybody on your mailbox list begging them
    to "come over Rallyanarchy and have some fun and troll JVL".

I have as far as i know criticised ONE person who organised once some things claimed to be a rally: you.
    It was years ago and it was those things layed out where there had been barracks and the so called rally was done on a grid: upp 2 blocks 90l, down 3 90 R, down 4 blocks 90L.."
    And that only after talking directly with people who wasted a drive across country to have the single most useless layout concievable to man....and signs leaned against cones..

Otherwise it is a rule: do not publicly criticise ORGANISERS...for obvious reasons...

The various collections of knaves and poseurs and fools in a couple of the SANCTIONING bodies, specifically SCCA and Rally America, of course they should and shall receive criticism...

As I alluded to earlier the only tactic that they have tried to use is all the same "If we do this__________________ then well be on TV and if we're on even Pay to air TV, all the sponsors will trip overthemselves to bury every rally team under bundles of 20s and 100s"

Didn't work back when our population was 235 million in '85 when we had mid 40s in entries here in the sparsely populated PNW and entries were $55-75 for 90-110 SS miles.

Didn't work back when our population was 266 million in '95 when we had mid 20s in entries here in the sparsely populated PNW and entries were $100-125 for 90-110 SS miles

Didn't work back when our population was 296 million in '05 when we had mid 30s in entries here in the sparsely populated PNW and entries were $400 for 90-110 SS miles

Didn't work back when our population was 323 million in '15 when we had mid 30s in entries here in the sparsely populated PNW and entries weer $600-800 for 90-110 SS miles

Of course you resort to your normal "attack the messenger" mode and don't even address the failure
    of the existing model....decreasing entries in an increasing population..
    Status Que or retrenchment and reorganisation of the basic presumptions of what rally is and should be..
    No a peep..

Now we know you are an electrical injur-near...and we know electrical injur-nears are usually and in the case clearly sub-par at understanding things out of their area of expertise you as a small 1 man manufacturing operation let me explain some extremely simple accounting..
    You rhetorically asked, and then answer how much of your own money have you spent, and you slander the fuck out of me saying "Nothing"..
    It works like this: IF I do not mark up an item to some normal retail 43-50% but instead sell it for cost or 10% above cost, I have effectively, by not marking UP the item, spent "MY" money..

And since recruitment and retention are the main areas that interests me, to help people start into the sport on the right foot, I have spent hundreds of thousands of dollars by the above method and indirectly by donating countless hours in builds and assistance.

But what is the point trying to explain to you?...This is way beyond you pay grade, and you haven't an inkling of the costs of building a competitive car--never having been competitive-- or how small motosport business operate..
    Perhaps being a mere electrical engineer, you should restrain yourself and keep your bloviating to subject for which you are qualified, like electrical injur-near stuff.

Fake edit: I suspect with the gooey porridge between your ears that you have tripped over the word "represent"..your words..your assertion that I do not represent "anybody"..And I guess--since i never have been able to follow your reasoning--and am not interested in expending much effort ----I guess you mean to hint or allude that you know enough about everybody that a) you can make that assertion and b) that you do "represent" ...is that it?
    OK

Perhaps a better word would be I "advocate for"...
    You don't like it? Tough titty.
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle, WA, USA
    www.rallyrace.net/jvab
    www.rallyanarchy.com

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

5. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

john, your first sentence is an out right lie and I am sure you know it but don't care.

You are apparently not a very good business person as I hear you don't even have a license for your alleged business.

You don't know enough about how motorsports are organized on any level to advocate for anything. You are an idiot blowhard. On the positive side though, you do spew out lots of words.

400 flat to crest

john, your first sentence is an out right lie and I am sure you know it but don't care.

Nope. You included a good friend in your invite to "come and troll" . It was sent to me, and forwarded to the Admin of rallyanarchy.com... We have your number Miller.

Say whatever you want but it doesn't alter the truth... Additionally I have spoken to a number of newbs who said as soon as I responded to then that they recieved PMs or emails "full of dire warnings" about what an evil bastid I am and advising them not to have any dealings with me..Several..They've asked "what's this guys problem, seems "odd"?"

Don't you have anything better to do with your life, Miller?

Haven't you derailed this poor guys Intro enough?
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle, WA, USA
    www.rallyrace.net/jvab
    www.rallyanarchy.com

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

john if people were measured by the amount of diarrhea spewed from their mouth you would be a big person indeed. I'm sorry that you think I would feel the need to tell people to come troll you. You don't matter that much. And yes, I will send PMs or e-mails to people who making an initial posting here simply telling them they don't have to believe every thing you say and not to be bothered by your postings attacking them. The reason for that is because when I post publicly as I did on this post, you hi-jack the post as you have done here. You should be thankful as I am saving you lots of time spent at the computer that way. As far as wasting time, who has spent the most time in this thread? It is obvious you don't have any work to do.

100 K left 2

Welcome to Alaska and to Rally although a nube by johns definition. 3 rallies in and enjoying it. It isn't easy to rally and live in AK.

I'm about 500 miles from Fairbanks but welcome.