Special Stage Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Looking for 16" Wheels and Used Gravel Tires

5K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  DanielSL 
#1 · (Edited)
Looking for a set of 16" wheels and some used gravels for rallycross.
Budget is around $650 for the set.
Please let me know if you know of anyone selling.
Email is andrewc3758(at)gmail(dot)com
Thanks!!

The wheels would have to be 5x100 bolt pattern

#2 ·
Looking for a set of 16" wheels and some used gravels for rallycross. Budget is around $650 for the set. Please let me know if you know of anyone selling. Email is andrewc3758(at)gmail(dot)com Thanks!!
You are going to need LOTs of luck. You might do a search as Clint Fast posted he had a set of 5 of what you are looking for depending on your application. Not putting the bolt pattern as well as the sizes you are looking for is for sure not a way to find what you are looking for. That said, 16" gravel tires are extremely rare on earth and almost impossible to find in the US. Nobody imports them and Clint got his from Demon Tweeks in the UK. Extremely unlikely you will find what you want and any spares if you do find this will also be almost impossible. You really need to do with most people who build cars for gravel and come standard with 16" or bigger wheels/tires and that is to change to 15's. Depending on the application, you may also have issues with clearance of gravel brakes. One of the reasons for SP class to allow people do change to 15" wheels/tires. See you are doing rallycross but, just the same, get some 15's if you have to have rally tires, otherwise just get a set of snows.

#3 ·
Unfortunately the option of changing to 15" isn't an option because of the issue of brake clearance. I'll look into some 16" rims and some snows. Thanks for the heads up. Any recommendations for a good snow? looking for a balance of durability and traction.

#5 ·
I just bought a set of 16" x 7" last week. Sadly a craigslist ad that was selling 15"s, and after I got them home and unwrapped them, they ended up being 16"s.

They are 5x100, for a Mk.4 Golf GTi. Motegi Racing White powder-coated MR7's. Condition is 7.5/10.

Will sell for what I've got in them. $250 for the set, plus shipping on your dime. That would leave you $400 in the budget for brand new snows.

If I am stuck with them, I was going to mount 205/60/16 Firestone WinterForce tires. $77 per tire from Tire Rack, and a very popular tire on the Local RallyX circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.