Special Stage Forums banner

Questions about racing seats.

4K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  A1337STI 
#1 ·
Just wondering what some affordable seats might be that would get me past tech and are effective. Not looking for anything fancy just something that will get me by.

#4 ·
Um, to a large degree, you get what you pay for.

Alternatively, don't buy cheap tools.

See the 2 significant crashes at 100AW this weekend for the value of safety equipment - including seats.

YMMV.

press on,

#9 ·
I recently found a store based in Ireland, www.murraymotorsport.com .

During boxing day/new years sales, they had a whole bunch of promotions. People were able to get winged Sparco FIA seats for ~$350-$400usd shipped to their door (including duty).

I'd recommend checking them out, people were saving $100+ on HANS devices over the cheapest prices in the USA.

#10 · (Edited)
MoMo T-club seat, i think they replaced it with some other introductory.

I think its a great idea to try and find the safest seat you can afford, comparing price tags is probably slightly better than drawing names out of a hat, but not by much.

and you don't always get what you pay for, but you certainly pay for what you get.

If you want really good protection email the manufacturers and ask for test data. compare provided test data and buy the best seat you can afford.

I did a fairly big analysis of racing suits and found that for the most part you pay a lot more for worse protection (to a point) and then the protection actually starts getting better. with a TPP of 26 i couldn't find a better suite for less than $1,000, even though my suit was the cheapest. Sure the Style and comfort was going up with price, but protection from fire was going down...

$200 i got a Thick, plain & lame looking blue suit. for $600 i could have gotten a cool looking suit that was lighter weight , and more breathable but it had a TPP of 20 (3 less seconds of burn protection) .. call me silly but i'd rather pay less and get better protection from my safety gear.

IMO - If you are not going to do a real analysis of safety just buy a cheap one . I did that with my seats and I haven't died yet .. probably helps that i'm slow and i crash head first .

:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.