No News is Good News - Page 5
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 85

Thread: No News is Good News

  1. #41
    100 oversquare right
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Reading, PA, USA.
    Posts
    3,258

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DawsonE30 View Post
    Well being new to the sport, my views on it are different than yours and wouldn't want to make unreasonable judgement.

    What I have witnessed is an incompetent body running the organization, but it's also ridiculous to solely blame the organizers. Look at what made Group B what it is, the people.

    Rally needs more energy and less pussification, when someone goes off, get the fuck up and get them back on the road. The most depressing part of american rally is that the spectators aren't involved. Everyone thinks TV / Media is the answer, where is that getting us? No human interaction? Wow, maybe if everyone got off their ass and started going to some rally's it would catch on. Being passive get's us nowhere.
    Not sure if you referencing the correct group when you state "blame the organizers". I don't think the organizers should have any blame in this situation.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #42
    your other left, you idiot
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Wisconsin (was-Michigan)
    Posts
    3,909

    Default

    Say what?

    Explain please.

    Quote Originally Posted by DawsonE30 View Post
    Look at what made Group B what it is, the people.
    press on,
    just a poor, dumb, Michigan(now Wisconsin) navie
    KC8YHT
    jimmy

  4. #43
    100 K left 2
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    USA, Binghamton NY
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JTYooper View Post
    At least you wrote "we". The usual reply is "somebody (else) should do ...".

    What are your suggestions to improve rally?
    Was brainstorming earlier, thinking about ways to get spectators involved. Clerk of the spectators, moving and directing crowds of people to the actions, safely. Getting local volunteers to promote the rally's, handing out free tickets and high schools, colleges, rotary clubs etc.
    Last edited by DawsonE30; 04-05-2016 at 08:46 PM.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #44
    100 K left 2
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    USA, Binghamton NY
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Don Kennedy View Post
    Not sure if you referencing the correct group when you state "blame the organizers". I don't think the organizers should have any blame in this situation.
    Sorry, didn't mean it to come across like that, was a little sleep deprived when I wrote that.

    Anyway, what I meant is I believe there should be more public control / influence of something like RA where it is sort of like a monopoly, not sure if that makes sense? Without organizers - we would have no Rally, so I couldn't do anything but thank greatly those that are dedicating their time to make this sport happen. I have never been more enthusiastic about a sport than rally, and I feel like I have been a little let down, from what I have seen in the past. And as an up and coming driver in the sport, I wish the best for other grassroots competitors like myself. And I just get this monopoly feel from RA
    Last edited by DawsonE30; 04-05-2016 at 08:49 PM.

  7. #45
    100 K left 2
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    USA, Binghamton NY
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Fast cars, real roads, really dangerous racing, which made it exiting for the people. Which then brought in the publicity? Not bring the cameras, and expect publicity from that solely

  8. #46
    Flat over crest Team_Harco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    South Lyon, MI, USA.
    Posts
    303

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DawsonE30 View Post
    Fast cars, real roads, really dangerous racing, which made it exiting for the people. Which then brought in the publicity? Not bring the cameras, and expect publicity from that solely
    I'll have what he's having. Reality is so overrated.
    Scott
    Team Harco Motorsports
    "Win on Sunday, Sleep on Monday"

  9. #47
    Dramamine is for DramaQueens Morison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta.
    Posts
    4,813

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DawsonE30 View Post
    Look at what made Group B what it is, the people.
    It could be argued that it was the people that ended the 'Killer B' era.
    Keith Morison
    Morison Communications

  10. #48
    don't cut HiTempguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    2,184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morison View Post
    It could be argued that it was the people that ended the 'Killer B' era.
    Or the "killer B" era ended some people :P

    If only they had had vehicle tracking... (wah wah)
    Adam

    Blew up the clutch at PFR, back at it for Big White!

  11. #49
    100 K right 4
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DawsonE30 View Post
    Rally needs more energy and less pussification, when someone goes off, get the fuck up and get them back on the road. The most depressing part of american rally is that the spectators aren't involved. Everyone thinks TV / Media is the answer, where is that getting us? No human interaction? Wow, maybe if everyone got off their ass and started going to some rally's it would catch on. Being passive get's us nowhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by JTYooper View Post
    At least you wrote "we". The usual reply is "somebody (else) should do ...".

    What are your suggestions to improve rally?
    More drunks wandering around on the stage, apparently.

    While I'm technically all for that since I've never volunteered at spectator points and have no EMS experience, insurance would be an issue. To be honest I'd be happy with some timing equipment that works.
    'If I give you an extra minute I'll have to give one to everybody'

  12. #50
    100 oversquare right
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    3,063

    Default

    You're on to something with the idea of Going to colleges, high schools, Bars (some of them) and handing out fliers / selling tickets.

    What will work a lot better is talking to people and making concrete plans to take that person WITH YOU to a rally. I think there are a lot of potential rally fans / enthusiasts out there who just need some real life exposure to the Sport.

    the other idea that i believe would work, would be to operate a rally tour bus. I've seen this model work amazingly well for other events such as ski trips (my friend ran a small business doing this as part of it) sell tickets, tickets include some booze, food, snacks , and being driven to viewing points ..

    which the above could work actually work and start sharing some of the profits to the rally organizers who will in turn lose less money than with out it.
    Welcome to Rally Addicts anonymous! Hi I'm Alex Rademacher, and i have a Rally problem..... 23 rallies and counting....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •