Um,
    - litter
    - alcohol
    - crowd control requirements...
    - porta john rerquirements...
    - marshal requirements...
    - should I keep going?

press on,

The occasional bare chested woman, although I swear it was a dude, Ben claims differently.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by bentmettle View Post
    The occasional bare chested woman, although I swear it was a dude, Ben claims differently.
    All of the mess and that too. It costs time and money to clean up the mess. We can't help with the other
    Last edited by STPRadmin; 04-12-2016 at 04:13 PM.

100 K left 2

Quote Originally Posted by Morison View Post
    And what do spectators bring in?
    Well I thought money

But I have now been informed they bring in, shit...

5. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

100 oversquare right

Quote Originally Posted by DawsonE30 View Post
    Well I thought money

But I have now been informed they bring in, shit...
    They bring in so much money that my entry fee is now . . . Oh, wait a minute . . .

IF they spend money in town while they are there, that counts for a little bit, but mostly they are a hassle for organizers. Catering to them can lead you down the rabbit hole.

Spectators can bring in sponsorship. If you can prove that you have so many pairs of eyeballs with money to look at their product, logo, advertising, the event can get money so we can lower entry fees.
    it's just so hard when you don't have a background in marketing and no one on the committee does, or has time to really market the event.

That seems logical but not sure if it is reality. Good marketing people get sponsorships. GRC is a good example of that. Tons of sponsors but not sure they have that many spectators.

Quote Originally Posted by 321Go View Post
    That seems logical but not sure if it is reality. Good marketing people get sponsorships. GRC is a good example of that. Tons of sponsors but not sure they have that many spectators.
    Their TV package is extremely popular, and the events do have decent attendance as well.
    Adam

Blew up the clutch at PFR, back at it for Big White!

I've only got thirty plus years of working under my belt so forgive my rookie input. Been there, done that with everything on a stage short of firearms & spectators (but who knows what's next). Heck, I've been around long enough to actually have spectators thank me for working.

I'll take handling drunk spectators any day over someone trying to tell me about how great GRC is as a rally. It ain't rally. It's fun. It's cool. It makes money. I like it. But it ain't rallying.

Ya want rallying like it was 30 years ago or more? Tuff. Those days are gone. And I'm still getting the exact same paycheck for working as I did 30+ years ago - I get a T-shirt and a meal or two. I pay my own way for the rest of it. I still do it because I love the sport.

If anyone can make rally happen on today's budget, go ahead. Of course there will be someone to complain about how you do it too. It could always be better, and be done better.

So what are you gonna do about it except work for the firm of Piss, Whine, and Moan? Then take over the whole shebang and drop entry fees to what they were 30 years ago and still provide insurance, permits, safety, etc.

You want a rally to make it? Come on out and work.
    Not gonna be able to run? Work.
    Gonna sit at home and rally via social media and whine about it? Work.
    Subvert from the inside. Work.

Please. We can use the help. It's a start on making things better.
    Happy Motoring!

Quote Originally Posted by bentmettle View Post