944 or 2nd gen rx7 ?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 944 or 2nd gen rx7 ?

Default 944 or 2nd gen rx7 ?

So my dads friend have two cars for sale and I want to buy one of them to start rally racing. Both cars needs to be build. I like both and actually like the 944 a lot but 944 is more expensive. What do you guys think? which one is a better way to go ? cheaper to build, race and overall cost to all and etc....

pics are from google
    RX7?

944?

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

100 oversquare right

Depends on your budget , how much per year are you planning on burning in a trash can fire, I mean spending on the joys of rally ?

I can tell you the RX7 will be cheaper for sure, which could lead to a more fun life. (More events you can afford to do, While still having money left over for other things) .. in theory

are we talking Lotto money?
    Doctor money?
    Web developer money?
    Accountant money?
    Pharamcy Technician money?
    Fast food money?

I started with a burn rate of about $5K a year and did fine, HAD A BLAST then i grew that to about 10-15K (fun didn't really go up) , got married , had kids and haven't been seen or heard from in YEARS

also depends if this a hobby that's deep in your blood, or if its more of a bucket list want/ or a phase you are going through.
    Last edited by A1337STI; 03-04-2016 at 08:48 AM.
    Welcome to Rally Addicts anonymous! Hi I'm Alex Rademacher, and i have a Rally problem..... 23 rallies and counting....

'is the engine bogging?' RobBohn's Avatar

What he said (A1337STI)..

RX-7 is more fun per mile with less $s per mile.
    Rob Bohn

"If you're in control, you're not driving fast enough." - Parnelli Jones
    "If you're in a control, don't go backwards." - anonymous
    Old Co-Driver's FAQ at RallyCoDrivers.org / slideshow here

5. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

your other left, you idiot

Yikes.

Um, have you been to a rally? Worked an event? Read the stickies? Finished school?

Either of those could be REALLY big holes in the ground (even beyond your basic beater rally car...).

Coming to 100 Acre Wood?

Remember - have fun.

press on,
    just a poor, dumb, Michigan(now Wisconsin) navie
    KC8YHT
    jimmy

That S in the name POR$CHE is a dollar sign. Hence, why you see 944s for stupid cheap money. I bet those have some sort of problem that costs more to fix than what the car is worth.
    It is useless for the sheep to pass resolutions in favour of vegetarianism, while the wolf remains of a different opinion.
    William Ralph Inge

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep deciding what's for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the decision.

100 K left 2

Def RX7... Cheaper.. More Reliable and longer lasting car lol !

Quote Originally Posted by A1337STI View Post
    Depends on your budget , how much per year are you planning on burning in a trash can fire, I mean spending on the joys of rally ?

I can tell you the RX7 will be cheaper for sure, which could lead to a more fun life. (More events you can afford to do, While still having money left over for other things) .. in theory

are we talking Lotto money?
    Doctor money?
    Web developer money?
    Accountant money?
    Pharamcy Technician money?
    Fast food money?

I started with a burn rate of about $5K a year and did fine, HAD A BLAST then i grew that to about 10-15K (fun didn't really go up) , got married , had kids and haven't been seen or heard from in YEARS

also depends if this a hobby that's deep in your blood, or if its more of a bucket list want/ or a phase you are going through.

WOW 5K?! Thats really a budget. Im abt 10k - 15k. Wish can have fun too

400 flat to crest
    2007 S.126th ST. Seattle, WA. 98168, USA.

Sports cars have not been competitive really in rally since the early 1960s when a little sedean with a tiny 850cc engine annihilated the best sports cars the Mercedes and Austin Healy could build--full 3 liters, lots of cams and lots of valves..and they were crushed by a little 850 2 stroke..Repeatedly...
    And that was on asphalt...the massacre was even worse on gravel..

Sports cars are primarily style exercises---usefulness comes second or lower in the list...everything gets compromised for the style, the superficial..

Rally is fun, of course..Very very expensive fun...but still the whole purpose is competition or whoever shows up that day---that's why we call it a "rally" rather than "an invitiational" or a 'race'...

Have you thought of ---and I ask cause it don't think I saw it" ----of "Competitive per dollar spent" ratio, or the way I suggest is "laughs per dollar ratio".?

What makes any rally car competitiove---and it so happens FUN----is quick acceleration thru the gears and roubustbness so you can beat on it more/longer..

This is a test---do you know what makes cars accelerate quickly?

In the last 50 years of rally do you know what type of cars have filled to more that 90% all start fields world wide?

And i have to ask: is this something you look to do and learn yourself, or is mainly something that you will hire others to build and keep running?
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle, WA, USA
    www.rallyrace.net/jvab
    www.rallyanarchy.com

Telephone +1 206 431 9696
    Rememeber the time zone difference

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Quote Originally Posted by John Vanlandingham View Post
    Sports cars have not been competitive really in rally since the early 1960s when a little sedean with a tiny 850cc engine annihilated the best sports cars the Mercedes and Austin Healy could build--full 3 liters, lots of cams and lots of valves..and they were crushed by a little 850 2 stroke..Repeatedly...
    And that was on asphalt...the massacre was even worse on gravel..

Sports cars are primarily style exercises---usefulness comes second or lower in the list...everything gets compromised for the style, the superficial..

Rally is fun, of course..Very very expensive fun...but still the whole purpose is competition or whoever shows up that day---that's why we call it a "rally" rather than "an invitiational" or a 'race'...

Have you thought of ---and I ask cause it don't think I saw it" ----of "Competitive per dollar spent" ratio, or the way I suggest is "laughs per dollar ratio".?

What makes any rally car competitiove---and it so happens FUN----is quick acceleration thru the gears and roubustbness so you can beat on it more/longer..

This is a test---do you know what makes cars accelerate quickly?

In the last 50 years of rally do you know what type of cars have filled to more that 90% all start fields world wide?

And i have to ask: is this something you look to do and learn yourself, or is mainly something that you will hire others to build and keep running?
    of course Im gonna build it myself. No one touches my car!!!!! jk

It's time for a sexy party! Joe Average's Avatar

Buy a used built car.
    I just bought an Ex- National Championship Winning Car with a ton of spares for half of what you're spending to build a car from scratch.
    Or Piss Away a Shit Load of Cash building your own car.
    Sean Gallagher
    2WD Less Traction....More Action!