SOLD: 1986 Audi 4000CS Quattro Open Light Rally Car with Logbook
SOLD: 1986 Audi 4000CS Quattro Open Light Rally Car w/ Logbook
This is an excellent race-ready car for rally beginners! It is fully caged and comes with a Rally America Logbook that I have been using with NASA and the California Rally Series.
The Quattro all-wheel drive system is an absolute monster, and the center and rear differentials can be locked via a dial in the carís cabin. The engine is the stock 10-valve 2.2L inline 5-cylinder (I5) engine.
I bought the car at the end of 2010 from Team OíNeil in New Hampshire after having taken their 5-day rally school. I ran this car in the California Rally Series between 2011 and 2014. My wife and I had a baby in 2014 and so I put the rally racing on hold. But now Iím in the process of building out an Open Class WRX for the 2016 season, and so the Audi is for sale.
The car was originally red, but I had it painted white in 2014.
There were approximately 169K miles on the clock in 2014. The head gasket blew during the race in May of 2014. The resulting repairs revealed that there was significant damage to the block, and so it was replaced with a used block from a 2nd donor car that I also had. The donor block had about 140K miles on it. During the engine transplant, many of the valves, springs, and other components were also replaced.
Currently the car starts just fine and runs perfectly. Since the transplant in 2014, the car has been stored at the 2Bennett Audimotive shop in Davis, CA and is where it currently resides.
During the time that Iíve owned the car, 2Bennett has done almost all of the servicing and heavy repairs on the car. My team mechanic and I did the rest of the repairs and minor modifications. Various upgrades, changes, and repairs include:
- Koni inserts with custom 2Bennett springs
- Reinforced suspension uprights
- 2B RS2 500 watt radiator fan
- New fuel tank, sending unit, pump, and filter
- Braided steel brake lines
- Welded steel channel protector for brake lines
- New front brake rotors with Hawk Blue brake pads (1.5 rallies on brakes)
- Wiring for 2 pairs of rally lights (not included)
- Brand new windshield
Other bits that the car has:
- Terra Trip Rally Computer
- Sabelt Racing seats with head restraints
- New driverís side 5-point harness safety belt
- Spare tire mount in the back seat
- A bucket of new and used replacements parts, including control arms, gaskets, filters, lights, wheel bearings, wiring, etcÖ
- Up to date CA smog and registration
Whatís needed to rally:
- Co-Driver seat belt
- Updated fire extinguishers (holders are already in place)
- Fix reverse lights
Asking $7500 o.b.o.
The car currently lives in Davis, CA at the 2Bennett Audimotive facility (www.2bennett.com), just outside of Sacramento. It can be viewed or test driven there.
Other questions or requests for pictures can be sent to me directly:
Last edited by tangent; 03-20-2016 at 08:41 PM.
Reason: car is sold