Help with Peltor FMT200 and GoPro

Thread: Help with Peltor FMT200 and GoPro

100 K left 2

Default Help with Peltor FMT200 and GoPro

Hi all,

Forgive me if I sound like I don't really know what I'm talking about because I don't haha. I don't have much experience with audio or electronics in general but I have become our rally team's de facto media expert because I have some video editing experience.

I'm trying to record audio from our Peltor FMT200 to the GoPro hero 3 we have mounted in the car. I found in the Peltor manual that the aux (line out) level is "about 775 mV", however I cannot find what level the camera is looking for.

I tried just plugging into the aux out port and into the camera with the GoPro combo cable but I get silence on the video.

We have a week to get this sorted out before we leave for Sno Drift so any help is much appreciated.

Brian

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

The level from the peltor is probably too low, and you may need a little audio amplifier to bump it up a bit .... I may know someone who can tell you a bit more .... I am checking to see if he is still around the rally world ...

The line out of the FMT200 is a "line voltage" output, so you don't need a amplifier to boost the audio (some intercoms you do). So the problem is most likely not with the intercom. I don't have experience with the Hero3 but I am willing to bet its something to do with its settings or cable. Do a search for recording audio on the Hero 3. good luck.

And yep, I am still around. just dont come to forums...ever anymore.
    Bryan L.
    Maker of those intercom adapters and "stuff"
    www.zerodegreec.ca