FIESTA ST - Gravel Rally Suspension?

Thread: FIESTA ST - Gravel Rally Suspension?

100 K left 2

Default FIESTA ST - Gravel Rally Suspension?

So I've been looking for a set of Gravel Coil-overs for my Fiesta... but I can't seem to find any available. Am I crazy, or is there really none out right now?

Anyone know of where to get some?

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

400 flat to crest
    2007 S.126th ST. Seattle, WA. 98168, USA.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix104 View Post
    So I've been looking for a set of Gravel Coil-overs for my Fiesta... but I can't seem to find any available. Am I crazy, or is there really none out right now?

Anyone know of where to get some?

You're crazy..
    Sometime after 10 am tomorrow call the number below...
    Fiesta should be easy IF you are not stuck on the easiest thing possible.
    Or put another way: Getting GOOD suspension, particularly on the REAR of the car is going to take a small bit of mods..
    But it has always been the norm--until a generation of "3 rally and I are an experts" came along---that you should mod the car ONCE so that a potentially easy or frequently damaged item can be quickly and easily replaced...

I take it you are referring to a nice newish current Fiesta, not an old MkI from 78, n'est pas?

Well I can do those too.
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle, WA, USA
    www.rallyrace.net/jvab
    www.rallyanarchy.com

Telephone +1 206 431 9696
    Rememeber the time zone difference

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

http://whm14.louhi.net/~fiestar2/wp-...01-02-2014.pdf

Call up M-Sport. Here is the R1 kit, pretty reasonable pricing:

http://www.dmprep.co.uk/mp-motorsport-fiesta-r1-build/

The R2 reigers are a bit expensive at $4k pounds
    Adam

Blew up the clutch at PFR, back at it for Big White!

5. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

Have you contacted Team O'Neal, John Concha, or Cameron Steely who all have built Fiesta ST's which might need different parts than an R1 which is built on a different model of Fiesta.
    Dave Weiman
    rallydave at pobox dot com

100 K left 2

Quote Originally Posted by John Vanlandingham View Post
    You're crazy..
    Sometime after 10 am tomorrow call the number below...
    Fiesta should be easy IF you are not stuck on the easiest thing possible.
    Or put another way: Getting GOOD suspension, particularly on the REAR of the car is going to take a small bit of mods..
    But it has always been the norm--until a generation of "3 rally and I are an experts" came along---that you should mod the car ONCE so that a potentially easy or frequently damaged item can be quickly and easily replaced...

I take it you are referring to a nice newish current Fiesta, not an old MkI from 78, n'est pas?

Well I can do those too.

Yeah I have a 2015 ST. I don't mind having to mod it if needed and I am much into the mind set of, "Do it right the first time."

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy View Post
    http://whm14.louhi.net/~fiestar2/wp-...01-02-2014.pdf

Call up M-Sport. Here is the R1 kit, pretty reasonable pricing:

http://www.dmprep.co.uk/mp-motorsport-fiesta-r1-build/

The R2 reigers are a bit expensive at $4k pounds

Are those the 44mm Bilsteins?

I would Love a set of Reigers... but that's a lot more shock then I would ever be able to use to it's fullest... but one day >=)

Quote Originally Posted by rallydave View Post
    Have you contacted Team O'Neal, John Concha, or Cameron Steely who all have built Fiesta ST's which might need different parts than an R1 which is built on a different model of Fiesta.

Yeah, I've e-mailed Team O'Neal and they quoted me ~$2800 for the shocks with Shipping which is most likely what I'll go with. I was just curious if there were other oppositions I was missing out on. I don't think there is much that is different in terms of susspension locations, but I'm still researching, so I'll have to ask around just in case.

400 flat to crest
    2007 S.126th ST. Seattle, WA. 98168, USA.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix104 View Post
    Yeah I have a 2015 ST. I don't mind having to mod it if needed and I am much into the mind set of, "Do it right the first time."

Are those the 44mm Bilsteins?

I would Love a set of Reigers... but that's a lot more shock then I would ever be able to use to it's fullest... but one day >=)

Yeah, I've e-mailed Team O'Neal and they quoted me ~$2800 for the shocks with Shipping which is most likely what I'll go with. I was just curious if there were other oppositions I was missing out on. I don't think there is much that is different in terms of susspension locations, but I'm still researching, so I'll have to ask around just in case.
    You might try calling that number in the signature.. For several hundred dollars less than the others you will get better stuff.

At the club level or Regional quite a surprsing number of the winning 2wd cars in both USA and Canada are on what are now known as Sooper Bitchin Suspenders.
    And please note. Bilstein's ad depeartment has for decades caused lots and lots of confusion with what they call things..
    The 46mm refers to the diameter of the piston inside..Great.. the only thing you can measure is the upper body and the rod sticking out..
    The body is 50mm..Not 2" as the call them for the circle-track world...not 46mm..50,

The mods I am strongly advising is so you can run coilovers in back. That's so we can easily get springs with sufficient spring travel and rate and swap them quickly and easily rather than the springs crammed between the subframe and the lower arm where everything is jammed in and difficult to get to and a pain to R&R
    Over on Rallyanarchy we have numerous build threads including some for Ford Focus which has the same problem of a very very short space for the rear spring so we did a small bump in the rear inner fender well.
    Definately go over there and say hi and you'll get much better advice and billions of piccies.
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle, WA, USA
    www.rallyrace.net/jvab
    www.rallyanarchy.com

Telephone +1 206 431 9696
    Rememeber the time zone difference

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

John can you really build gravel suspension for 2011 + ST?
    we talked on the phone about a months ago but from what i understood you don't have nothing specific in mind
    and we got pretty much no where