Special Stage Forums banner

Tall Pines Live

6K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  qtix 
#1 ·
The organizers of the 45th Annual Rally of the Tall Pines are making a big effort this year so you can follow the final round of the Canadian and North American Rally championship action online. The big innovation will go live on Saturday morning November 28. TallPinesLive.com will be the one-stop location for live tracking (Mark William’s EZ Track) scoring (from Jean-Georges Marcotte) and TV2GO’s live video reports from the stages every hour on the hour starting at 9AM. This same site will have all the tweets from teams, officials and fans. The Tall Pines social media team, headed by Eric Sladic will be reading your questions and tracking down the answers. If you’re at the event, use Twitter and follow @tallpinesrally and #cdnrally or go to the event’s Facebook page. You’ll get access to all the live videos. For the best experience streaming video on iPhones I recommend downloading the free LiveStream App before heading into the forest. Our goal is to make this year’s Tall Pines the best-covered North American rally ever. We’re setting the bar high. Let us know if if we clear it.

#2 ·
Lawrence, with the "live video reports", will there be actual footage of cars from stage at the time of the reports? Or just interviews?

I seem to remember TV2GO did live-split times one year at Tall Pines and it was awesome, I am excited to watch this unfold.

Oh yea, Go Brandon! ;)

#3 ·
These reports will all be from stage ends, getting comments and scores from drivers as they finish. Warwick and his Formula Photo will have all the action footage. That show we did in 2011 switching multiple cameras simply cost too much. The idea of TallPinesLive is to give rally fans one destination where all of the information will be available in real time.

#5 ·
Start Order
Car # Seed Driver / Co-Driver Vehicle Class Vehicle
1 1 Antoine L'Estage / Alan Ockwell Open 4WD 2015 Subaru WRX STI
2 Nick Roberts / Niall Burns Open 4WD 2011 Subaru Impreza WRX STi
3 4 Brandon Semenuk / John Hall Open 4WD Subaru WRX Sti
4 1 Sylvain Vincent / Simon Vincent Open 4WD 1994 Subaru Impreza
7 3 Chris Martin / Brian Johnson Open 4WD 1993 Subaru Impreza
8 2 Boris Djordjevic / Lyne Murphy Open 4WD 2009 Mitsubishi EVO X
9 2 Simon Losier / Eric Losier Open 4WD 2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution
12 Cameron Steely / Open 2WD 2011 Ford Fiesta
10 2 Jeremy Norris / Jeff Hagen Open 4WD 2000 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
11 3 Simon Dubé / Éric Lachance Open 2WD 1990 Volkwagen Golf GTI
16 4 Eric Vlasic / Dean Hopkins Production 4WD 1991 Subaru Legacy
17 3 Justin Bayliff / Christine Bayliff Production 4WD 2008 Mitsubishi Evolution X
18 4 Martin Walter / Ferdinand Trauttmansdorff Open 2WD 1991 Nissan 240SX
19 4 Ian Crerar / Jen Horsey Open 4WD Mitsubishi
20 4 Martin Bruneau / Anthony Bruneau Open 4WD 2004 Subaru WRX
24 5A Erika Detota / Mary Warren Open 2WD 1995 Subaru Impreza
25 5A Kurt Thiel / Philip Barnes Open 2WD 1988 VW GTI
26 5A Zoltan Kovacs / Bruce Leonard Open 2WD 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer
27 5A Robert McNeil / Patrick Wieler Open 2WD 2004 Mitsubishi Lancer
28 5A Gary Sutherland / Kelly Mathew Open 2WD 2000 Ford Focus
29 5A Bryce Baker / Derek Vincent Production 4WD 1991 Eagle Talon TSi
30 5A Fraser McConnell / Nathalie Richard Production 2WD 2012 Ford Fiesta
31 5A Matthew Ballinger / Savanna Kovacs Open 2WD 1999 VW Golf
34 5B Laurens Wit / Jonathan Cox Production 4WD 2002 Subaru Impreza
35 5B Alex Shalin / Elena Shalin Production 4WD 1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR4
36 5B Tyler Ouellet / Andrew Kisielewski Open 2WD 1988 Volkswagen GTI
37 5B Anthony Burden / Ben Nadeau Open 2WD 1992 VW Jetta
38 5B Paul Cary / Jimmy Brandt Production 2WD 1995 Plymouth Neon

#10 ·
Following Mark William’s EZ Track during the event is the best cyber-spectating going. At Defi, was watching different team strategy as top team returned every service to carry least amount of fuel while most everyone else transited to next stage.

At Empire State Performance Rally we watched a car do an illegal service getting gas in town and organizers were able to radio a course car that they missed a turn. I was codriving 0 and had my quadcopter drone w/ me and thought about attaching Mark's transponder to it and flying over a large lake and see how long it took him to call me.

Jean George's scoring is and always has ben light years ahead of Rally America scoring.

Lawrence, I may pack my drone. Won't be flying during the rally but if you want an aerial Bancroft off the overlook, perhaps service area, or iron bridge scenic clip I can probably do something Friday. Let me know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.