1997 Impreza Wagon, Pomfret CT, caged

Thread: 1997 Impreza Wagon, Pomfret CT, caged

Default 1997 Impreza Wagon, Pomfret CT, caged

*******No log book, cage is done, just needs seats mounted and harnesses for log book******

**Car is sold, still have both sets of wheels and parts car if anyone is interested.**

1997 wagon, fresh paint, fully caged to NASA, Rally America spec. Swapped 2.5 liter with full wiring harness,recent head gaskets, 98 legacy outback 5spd and rear diff, no whines, shifts fine, rebuilt shift linkage.

Car had typical rot on rear wheel arches, repairs were made with small 1.5" all metal flares that extend from the rocker over wheel arch back to rear bumper, flares were fully welded.

Cage tied in to pin jack points on rockers with DOM rock rails. Adjustable rear control arms, 04sti stuts revalved by FEAL for gravel. Stainless un-equal length header, you'll need from there back for exhaust, but I have stock stuff if you want it.

New clutch, pilot bearing, throwout bearing , rear main seal, bunch of other spares as well, axles, control arms, urethane bushings, radiator.

Corbeau fixed back, FIA approved seats.

Front push bar with tow points, made from 1 3/4" DOM, bolts to stock bumper mounts in frame rails, but gives you extra protection and 8" more crumple room in case of center-punching a tree.

Car needs reassembly, the hard stuff is done, but if you're quasi-decent with tools, say 4 wrench skill out of a possible 10 wrenches, it's not bad, in general, but no all inclusive: hook up drive-shaft, diff,, tranny cross-member, install seats and dash, install struts, etc. It's rolling now on some spare stock stuts. Motor ran well in old car, I personally drove it before dis-assembly, power was fine, no oil burning, everything was swapped, harness ECU,should need nothing to start it aside from battery. I have spare battery cable to relocate to trunk as well. Needs a windshield, but they are about $150 and I'll give you a tube of 3M Window Weld so you can install it, super easy to do.

All the little trim parts etc. come with it: grills, door moldings, passendger mirror, roof rack, stock mud flaps etc.

Compomotive wheels with brand-new Michelin rally tires not included, but available for $950 separately or as part of package deal. Will come with steel wheels.

I also have a set of Speedline Corse wheels with used, but decent Hankook rally tires, available separately, or as part of package deal for whatever we can negotiate.

This is a properly done car, not half-assed with a muffler bender, but all required DOM etc. Care was taken to make the cage fit the car nicely. The roof skin was removed during cage work and re-welded back on after. If I had the time and didnt' need the space, I could have this pretty much ready to go in a weekend, and I'm guessing $800 in little stuff to be stage ready. I currently run my BMW rally car and don't have time or space for this one.

Please bear in mind, you are not looking at a top-flight factory car, this is a great entry-level car at entry level pricing. But until you can drive this car flat-out, it's a great starting point and can be upgraded to Open Class with install of usual turbo-sooooobie stuff.

Serious inquiries only please. Specific pics or other details by request. I can deliver within reason, car in Pomfret CT, can be seen anytime.

Many spare parts available, including roof vent, RS calipers, new EBC yellow brake pads, spare 15" alloys, skid plate etc.

A la carte pricing:

$3700 for car with steelies.
    $3900 for car, steelies and Corbeau seats
    $4300 with complete parts car, seats, minus Compomotive
    $4700 with Compomotive and seats (no parts car)
    $4900 with parts car and Compomotive and seats
    $5300 for everything listed.

As they say, you couldn't build it for this price and I'm fully aware that what I put in money wise does not come back out!

Cash only please.

Yes, these are not ideal for stage rally, but I have stock steel arms as well.

More details here:

http://www.dirally.com/forums/showth...Under-5k/page4
    Last edited by Abington Rally; 08-24-2015 at 06:41 AM.
    Dan
    "This ain't asphalt, son, this is dirt, you don't have three-wheel brakes, so you got to pitch it hard, break it loose and then just drive it with the throttle. Give it too much, you'll be outta the dirt and into the tulips; I'll put it simple, if you goin' hard enough left, you'll find yourself turnin' right. -Doc Hudson

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

50 caution yump

I remember following this a long time ago!

Good luck with the sale. Seems like a fair price.
    #542 - 1991 Subaru Legacy Open Class

200 square left

Wont be in the position to replace my G2 car until next year. Looks like a fare price for a well prepped car. Might be a good idea to post some detail pics of the cage since its not logbooked for people that don't want to go through build thread.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SpecialStage.com
    Advertisements

Car is sold, good luck to new owner, hope its on stage soon!
    Dan
    "This ain't asphalt, son, this is dirt, you don't have three-wheel brakes, so you got to pitch it hard, break it loose and then just drive it with the throttle. Give it too much, you'll be outta the dirt and into the tulips; I'll put it simple, if you goin' hard enough left, you'll find yourself turnin' right. -Doc Hudson